4 replies to this topic

#1 rvec

rvec

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:00 AM

Six locals were joined by Mark from Grants Pass to race Vintage NASCAR and ProTrack at STR on 6/13/16. Sorry I could not make it but the house painting project won over slot cars this week. It looks like there was some very close racing as evidenced by the facts that only 2 sections separated first and second in the Vintage NASCAR and less than a lap separated first and third in the ProTrack NASCAR class. Also, I see that there were two new rides including Bobs pink 50 Olds and Terrys white Buick. Shown below are both of the new rides, the grids and details of finishing orders.

photo 3 (38).JPG

photo 3 (39).JPG

photo 2 (43).JPG

photo 1 (41).JPG

VNResults.jpg

photo 1 (42).JPG

photo 2 (44).JPG

PTResults.jpg

Rich Vecchio

#2 James Wendel

James Wendel

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:27 PM

Hey, Rich, you missed some really close racing.  In the Protrack race Jack beat me by just half a car length.  For someone who says "these cars put me to sleep", Jack sure drives to win.  :good:

Also, Bob insists that his new Oldsmobile is not PINK, it's SALMON.  Okay, Bob... if you say so.   :laugh2:

He is right, of course.  If you put the Olds next to his "Pepto-Bismol" Firebird, it is definitely more orange.

You can't always get what you want...

#3 Phil Worthy

Phil Worthy

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:10 AM

Those vintage hard bodies are neato!

That's some close racing. You guys are having fun!

#4 rvec

rvec

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:01 AM

James,

Sorry I missed the race. You know what Type As Susan and I are. Once we get started on a project we simply have to finish it. Lucky for me, there was a delay in the beginning of the painting project because we were getting some drywall cracks fixed. That left me enough time for the Electron Raceway track repair - a top priority for me. Anyway we are in the process of painting the entire interior of the house including ceilings, walls, trim and doors. When we primed and painted the house initially it was under construction - no cabinets, flooring or furniture. That job went rather quickly. This time we have to move furniture, cover fixtures, do plenty of masking and be careful we don't drip too much. We also have some other commitments coming up in the next few months. Unfortunately this means the slot racing will go on the back burner - too bad for me. Not even sure that can attend the next two or three races at STR.

We are going to take break this morning and go biking. Maybe we will see you on your usual morning walk.

Rich Vecchio

#5 rvec

rvec

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:09 AM

Phil,
If you have not had a chance to look at the Electron Raceway forum/sub forums you might want to check it out. You might want to look at the Electron Raceway classes, and Track tour. Also, in the STR race results there are some sub forums showing images of that very tight track and images of cars from every class we run at STR. See the link http://slotblog.net/...asses-and-more/

Rich Vecchio

Electric Dreams Online Shop