• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JimF

JimF

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:02 PM

Our next race will go off as scheduled on Aug 21.As many know, Eddie and Janet have had problems with one of their two computers and thus, racing on the King track has been derailed for a month or so.

Fortunately for all of us, "Pit Dad Extrordinaire", Mike C is on the case. Aside from being a PDE, Mike is also a professional computer man and he has found a potentially viable replacement (plus a spare). There are no guarantees with 20 yr old computers but he should have the King up and running by this Sunday. With our race a week after that, all should be good. I expect I'll hear back from Mike this weekend, and I hope to be there Sunday so I'll report back.

But............just in case here's the plan(s)

King Track up and running: We'll run as normal. Starting with F-1 on the Motherlode, then switch to the King for Can Am, then finishing with stock Cars on the King.

King Track not running: We'll run all three races on the Motherlode. We all know how to set up Can Ams for flat tracks and we've had good races with Stock Cars on flat tracks before.

Stock Cars on the Motherlode?.......................whaaaaat?

OK calm down......... :D ..........I tested one there a couple weeks back and I was surprised how good it was. It was easy to drive and remarkably, fairly fast. I reported on the findings in a chassis article a bit ago. Basically, I geared it down, added some weight, and narrowed the tires (although that might more a personal preference than a necessity)

Here's a link to that....................... http://slotblog.net/...rst-track-test/

Stay tuned NorCalies...

• Richard Matthews likes this
Jim Fowler

#2 JimF

JimF

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:15 AM

Ok.......the King track computer is up and running. Eddie ran two races today with no hitches so I'd say we are good to go with the normal schedule as originally planned. Thanks go out to Mike C. for the legwork and personal effort in getting this done.

• boxerdog likes this
Jim Fowler

Electric Dreams Online Shop