• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:51 AM

SCRRA Retro racing returns this weekend with the usual schedule of F1 and Can Am on the BPR Flat track. F1 tech will begin at about 10AM with lunch following F1 and then Can Am in the early afternoon.

See you there! :good:

#2 Tim Wilkins

Tim Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:39 PM

Regarding the flat track, If you're looking for a good anglewinder chassis, Jim Lange still has a nice used one for sale right now advertised both here on Slotblog and on Ebay.  It's a reverse motor bracket requiring TSR motors which run great on the flat track.  I own a similar chassis and it's handling is excellent.

• Tim Neja likes this

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

#3 Mark Wampler

Mark Wampler

Grand Champion Poster

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

Tim, you have touched on a subject that has been on my radar for some time.  I don’t think we have seen the full potential of a TSR powered coupe.  I do think the perception has been that the Hawk motor has the advantage position far as rear weight distribution. That may be the case, BUT I’m willing to exploit that notion.  I’ve already cooked up a 100% built TSR coupe chassis for the upcoming Checkpoint, so we’ll see.

Mark Wampler
?/?/1950-3/8/22
Requiescat in Pace

#4 Tim Wilkins

Tim Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:33 PM

Mark,

Russian spies already have your blueprint and are testing it's performance even now. :ph34r:

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

#5 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:36 PM

TSR's have a different "smoother" power band than the Retro Hawks. When you find a good one it's just easier to drive on the flat track!  I know Duran has been running some flat track races with a 7 tooth pinion on his Retro Hawk!!  :shok:   But a good TSR is hard to beat on our flat track!  :D

She's real fine, my 409!!!

#6 Mark Wampler

Mark Wampler

Grand Champion Poster

• Member at Peace
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:13 PM

Mark,

Russian spies already have your blueprint and are testing it's performance even now. :ph34r:

Putin would dig slot cars  a lot more than................

Mark Wampler
?/?/1950-3/8/22
Requiescat in Pace

#7 Tim Wilkins

Tim Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:06 PM

Here's a good opportunity for anyone looking to join in on the flat track fun at Buena Park Raceway without a large investment.  TSR motor, Truescale body, weighs 114.29 grams, gears 27 crown, 9 tooth pinion 3/32 axle w/ball bearings and built by Charlie Nelson.

http://www.ebay.com/...1&sojTags=bu=bu

#8 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:56 PM

That one will sell. See you flat trackers on Sat. 

Tom Eatherly

#9 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:43 PM

Another FUN day on the flat track!! Thanks Bryan, Mill, Bill, Dennis and everyone that helped out!! Always good to race on the flat track--although I got my butt handed to me today!! Still was fun--and I managed to duck the dreaded turn marshal duties by moving up from the "B"!!  CYA in two weeks!! :)

She's real fine, my 409!!!

#10 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:59 PM

Yep. Another good turn out, especially for Can-Am. Gawd, there are some fast guys for our flat track races! Have to thank Mill for a super motor and set-up on my Can-Am. I actually qualified for the A-Main! Had never done that. Thanks Mill!! Bryan had a rocket today and was just ballistic. Great run Bryan. More reports from Bryan when he can. Fun day guys.

• Tim Neja and Gary Donahoe like this
Tom Eatherly

#11 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:40 PM

The usual close racing today on the BPR Flat track!  F1 saw Mill Conroy prevail over Gary Donahoe in 2nd and Bryan Warmack 3rd.  The same 3 earned podium spots in Can Am with Bryan on top followed by Mill and Gary. Thanks Tim for all your help today also!  :good:

Full race report and pics up shortly.......

• Tim Neja and Tom Eatherly like this

#12 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:59 PM

Yep. Another good turn out, especially for Can-Am. Gawd, there are some fast guys for our flat track races! Have to thank Mill for a super motor and set-up on my Can-Am. I actually qualified for the A-Main! Had never done that. Thanks Mill!! Bryan had a rocket today and was just ballistic. Great run Bryan. More reports from Bryan when he can. Fun day guys.

Tom,

Yes another good Flat track turnout today!........and an absolutely AWESOME qualifying effort by you to make the A Main with your new Jim Fowler "No Brainer" chassis! Great run!  :good:

• Tim Neja and Tim Wilkins like this

#13 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:05 AM

Thanks Bryan. I was pretty stoked to qualify for the A. Once the race started, I just kind of cruised thru the event as not to screw things up and totally enjoyed the race. 

Tom Eatherly

Electric Dreams Online Shop