I got to do a couple of neat motors, or at least motors with some neat details. First off was a venerable Russkit "23"...you know, the actual good version of the "22" Motor started out as a pretty clean example, and even the end bell wasn't cracked around the bushing.
So, I did up a build that copies one I did recently that was surprisingly strong. I installed a set of the better magnets from the Hong Kong Mabuchis, did the normal can bushing replacement, and a 65/30 arm with a Tradeship com. For paint, I did the VHT white...but then shot a coat of the VHT clear over that for some extra protection. It's neat-but-a-little-weird, going on with a slight milky appearance, air-drying to a low-gloss finish, but coming back up to a full gloss after oven curing. Hopefully, it will protect the white, at least a little. It looks pretty cool so far anyway.
The other motor was an FJ13UO, and one in sad shape at that. I like doing these more like the "peanut" motors, so I installed a nice set of strong ceramics and fitted a Hawk end bell. To go with it, I built and wound a 37/27 on a full .440" long stack and did a shiny coat of VHT "Grabber Green". The neat detail here is that, instead of adapting that big brass bushing carrier to either a fixed bushing or bearing, I removed the whole thing and brazed-in the bushing strap and bushing from a C motor. I shortened the other end of the can a bit and wound up with a much more compact end result, even though the arm is longer.
...and both motors after (much better!):