• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pshoe64

Pshoe64

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:28 PM

Okay HO Drag Racers, I have a couple of questions.  I've been running the Racing to the Future™ program for 9 years now and we keep growing at a steady pace.  Now that several other schools and clubs across the states are running the program, I'm asked about comparative times and numbers between our students race passes.  We run a 20 ft 7 inch quarter mile at 22 Volts 5 Amps or higher.

We have recorded ETs of .9 with 26-27 MPH passes. We now use Trackmate's Dragpro for timing and race management.

My question is, what voltage and Amps are other's drag racing with and what kind of ETs and speed are you getting?  How fast is fast?  I'm curious to see if our student racers are competitive with other organized racing.

-Paul

Paul Shoemaker

Posted Image

#2 Dave632

Dave632

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:57 PM

This is the same reply I gave on another site but I thought others might be interested.
If your cars are running the in the .9 range @ 26-27 mph and they are stock Inline type cars they are running pretty good.
If they are stock pancake cars they are exceptional and you should enter them in some of our proxy drag races.
 As far as how fast is fast my current track record for 15.5', which I run at 20V not 24 because of stopping issues, is in the .22 range at 65+ MPH. I have hit over 40 MPH with a pancake car in the high .3 range.
 As far as the fastest HO car I have ever heard of high .1s at over 100 MPH have been achieved with 30V and 1000 amps available. This was on a 21.5' track. Motors will blow occasionally with that much power available.

MVC-039S_zps9mnblqfd.jpg

This picture shows a couple of mildly modified AFX cars running well on my 15.5' track. For another 5' I would add about .15 to the ET and 3-4 MPH to the speed.

Dave Vince

Electric Dreams Online Shop