3 replies to this topic

#1 Ken Bryan

Ken Bryan

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:15 PM

I have been remiss in posting results from the last race of the season.

For a variety of reasons, turnout was again light, but the racing was fun.  We missed Mike Nelson, who was home caring for his wife and sweating out whether he would hold onto the lead in all classes.  He needn't worry.  Thanks to Tom's dominant showings for the day, winning all 4 classes, Mike finished as overall top dog.

We had 5 racers in most classes.  Dave Z. came for Can Am, making 6 in that class.

First up was stock cars

1.  Tom Brown 116 laps (due to some printer issues, I did not get fast laps in most classes)

2.  Ken Bryan 113

3.  Aaron Lisenbury 106

4.  Bob Gugisberg 100

5.  John Wimett 94

On to Can Am, where Tom was particularly dominant

1.  Tom Brown 120, 5.07

2.  Ken Bryan 114, 5.28

3.  Aaron Lisenbury 112, 5.49

4.  Dave Z.  106, 5.78

5.  John Wimett 104, 5.63

6.  Bob Gugisberg 100, 5.99

Formula is where I had my only chance to beat Mike.  I needed a win, but it was not close.  John Wimett pulled off a solid podium finish.

1.  Tom Brown 127

2.  Ken Bryan 121

3.  John Wimett 113,

4.  Aaron Lisenbury 111

5.  Bob Gugisberg 104

I ALMOST broke up Tom's "4-peat" in the last race, but crashed near the end and he edged me out by about 6 feet.

1.  Tom Brown 122

2.  Ken Bryan 122

3.  John Wimett 111

4.  Aaron Lisenbury 109

5.  Bob Gugisberg 103

We take the best 6 our of 8 races for season totals.  Mike, Tom, and Ken were the only 3 racers with enough races and podium finishes, so we swept the final standings.  There were two ties.  I tied Mike for first place in F1 and I tied Tom for second in another class.  But I lost both ties based on a tiebreaker being the highest finish in the other two races.  Final results are on another computer, so will post this soon.

It was a good, although often sparsely attended season.  We are planning an enduro, but I need a break for a few weeks.  Look for an announcement here in the near future.

Thanks for a lot of fun this year, guys!

Ken

#2 Ken Bryan

Ken Bryan

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:46 AM

Here are the final race results for the entire 2016 season. 

As mentioned previously, we count 6 races toward the season champion.  Tom Brown, Mike Nelson, and Ken Bryan were the only 3 racers who came to at least 6 races, and they took the top 3 spots.  John Wimett and Bob Gugisberg each came to 5 races, and Kent Meredith attended 4.  John finished 4th in each class.  Bob and Kent each took some 5th and 6th place finals.

Mike was first in all 3 categories, one via a tiebreaker.  Ken was second in two, and Tom was second in the other two.

Stock cars were very close.  Mike finished with 116 points, Tom and Ken with 114.  Tiebreaker is the best finish in the 2 non-counting classes.  Both Tom and Ken had 4th place finishes.  So we went to the eighth and final race.  Ken missed that one, so Tom captured second place on a "participation" tie!

Cam Am was close.  Mike finished with 116 (3 wins), Tom with 115 (2 wins), and Ken 114 (2 wins).

F1 was a first place tie between Ken and Mike at 117 each (3 wins and 3 seconds each).  Tom had 112 (winning the final race).  Mike's top throw out race was a 3rd, and I had a 7th to make the difference.

Coupe was a little more spread out.  Mike again had 3 wins and 3 seconds.  Ken and Tom had 2 wins each and finished well back.  Tom's two wins were the last 2 races.  He came up with a fast car too late in the season.

Thanks for a great season, everyone!

Ken Bryan

Attached File  NWRRL Standings 2016 Final.pdf   401.6KB   47 downloads

#3 Tom Brown

Tom Brown

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:24 PM

Ken,

Thanks for hosting the season finale! It was fun and yes those new Seahawk cars are fast! Shout out to Tom Hansen for building some awesome cars!  Hope to see everyone at the Enduro and next year.

Tom Brown

#4 compman25

compman25

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:57 PM

Yes, thanks to everyone who showed up for another fun year of racing. Looking forward to next season already! 

Mike Nelson

Electric Dreams Online Shop