#1 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:59 PM

Fellas,

The November meeting of C.A.R.S. will take place this THURSDAY Nov. 3, 2016 at THE RACE PLACE 7:30 PM.

This month's theme: POTLUCK...bring a your favorite vintage slot cars and any old slot car related stuff you might want to display.

SORRY FOR THE LATE NOTICE but my computer is giving me fits so  had to "borrow' this one...

• Joe Mig likes this
Peter J. Linszky

C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club

#2 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:21 AM

B.U.M.P.

Peter J. Linszky

#3 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:01 AM

Fellas,

The November meeting of the C.A.R.S. club met last night and several of the guys brought in some slot car stuff from the past.

We welcomed back Steve who brought along his amazing time capsule of Monogram "coupe" slot cars that seems to be multiplying.

Tyler who races at the "Place" on a regular basis, brought back some memories with his 1/32 Cavalier Modified that was painted by yours truly many years ago when I was still competing.

And finally I took some old "stuff" to display in a show and tell type of event that we might try to expand on in the near future.

Attached Images

• DSCN6081.JPG
  • DSCN6070.JPG
  • DSCN6080.JPG

Peter J. Linszky

#4 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:14 AM

The yellow body above used to run in THE RACE PLACE'S  1/32 Asphalt Modified class years ago by myself. Tyler had the entire car in his possession complete with offset motor and nerf bars and bumpers still intact... sadly I forgot to take a picture !  I'll get it next time.

Steve's Monogram "coupe" collection, a small portion of which is shown above, included the red #25 1934 FORD that he and his Dad built together many years ago. Also in the pic is a more recent addition, also a '36 FORD still wearing it's 1960's coat of TESTOR'S lavender !

Below some of my show and tell items including a colorful COX controller as well as a DYNA-MO Test Block. I brought along a clear AVANTI slot car body who's manufacturer escapes me right now and finally a set of 1/32 ball bearing fronts still mounted to a chassis. Can anyone I.D. the wheels ?

Attached Images

• DSCN6071.JPG
  • DSCN6079.JPG
  • DSCN6073.JPG
  • DSCN6077.JPG
  • DSCN6076.JPG

Peter J. Linszky

Electric Dreams Online Shop