Photo

A change for the 2017 Parma Checkpoint Cup...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:23 AM

For various reasons and after some consideration, the SCRRA has decided to implement a hand-out motor program for the Can-Am race at the upcoming Parma Checkpoint Cup at Buena Park Raceway in January. The hand-out motor will be the new JK Hawk Retro 7R7R and each racer will be able to purchase a maximum of three (3) motors for the race.

Please note that this is for the Can-Am race ONLY and the other classes will be run under the normal rules with motors as usual. Hand-out Hawk 7R7R motors for Can-Am ONLY.

Motor purchases will begin when BPR opens their doors about 7 AM on Saturday, January 28.  Tech inspection will be moved back a bit to about 10 AM to facilitate motor break-in.  

More to follow about the Checkpoint with all race schedules up shortly...  :)
  • Cheater, Tim Neja, Mark Wampler and 3 others like this

#2 Wizard16

Wizard16

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:31 AM

Happy to hear it, Bryan.

Will see ya'll there.
Diana Dyckman

#3 9lives

9lives

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:08 PM

Bryan and SCRAA Dudes, I will look forward to this new format...

Will the motors be marked [numbered/marked/labelled] so the SCRAA Dudes know who [which racer] bought those motors? Will the motors be "inventoried" so the Race Dudes and Tech Dudes can confirm, at both pre-race [tech] and post-race, that the motors are legal. 

Let's say a racer comes to me and says, "Dude, I'm slow... can I give him one of my motors?"  

Thank you for your time. I trust all will have a great Holiday Season... oppsie... one more thing, are there any body restrictions on those really "thin" Can-Am bodies that almost tear apart when a turn marshal has to re-slot the car? What's the story on those really "thin" Can-Am bodies?   

John Hegedus
John Hegedus

#4 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:11 AM

John,

For the Can-Am race at the Checkpoint the hand-out Hawks will be marked and numbered and each racer MUST run one of the motors (limit of three) he was given when purchased. The motor numbers will be logged by the raceway when purchased on the entry sheet and all motors will be checked at tech and if any racer is lucky enough to make the podium the motor will be checked again.

As usual, for the major SCRRA races the bodies will be checked also. All bodies must weigh a minimum of 5.5 grams and this will be checked and any body found to be too light will be changed or ballasted with tape along the upper body surfaces. We really haven't seen many of the thin bodies recently but we will be watching.   :)
  • Tim Neja likes this

#5 9lives

9lives

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:37 AM

Thanks, Bryan... I'll see you in the A Main...
John Hegedus

#6 Eddie Fleming

Eddie Fleming

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:13 AM

I am just curious. Is the body weight checked with or without the interior/driver? Some people mount the interior to the chassis and some to the body.
Eddie Fleming

#7 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:36 AM

Eddie,

The body weight is checked with the interior/driver. The SCRRA rule says the drivers head can be no lower than the surrounding bodywork or cockpit area to keep things more realistic so everyone just tapes the interior to the body.

#8 Jim Lange

Jim Lange

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:29 AM

It sure seems like this is just another attempt to keep the Cervantes's off the A Main list. Don't forget... last time the SCRRA tried to mix it up and do lap and sections for qualifying, Ben Jr still came out victorious! The cream rises to the top.

I will be greatly surprised if there are any first-timers in the A Main as a result of hand-outs. Most of you still don't understand how important the little details are.

Personally... I don't give a rats ***, but is unfortunate you guys decided to do this with only six weeks to go. Lots of guys already bought motors and broke them in.  

#9 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:20 AM

Jim,

Actually, in light of some possible and very recent Hawk motor changes, the SCRRA decided after some consideration this would be the best course for all the racers that might be attending the Checkpoint.  :)
  • tonyp and Les Boyd like this

#10 Jim Lange

Jim Lange

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:06 AM

So... because the manufacturer got a new balancing machine, hand-outs will be better because... why?

I don't have a problem with your decision, I have a problem with the timing of it.

Peace...

Out.

#11 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:40 PM

Jim,

Like I said, the decision by the SCRRA to go with the hand-out motors was based on some very recent information and we're sorry the announcement was made necessarily a bit late but trust me it was made with more than a little consideration and with the best interests of all the racers in mind.

If you want more information on this apparently it is on Facebook and it is perhaps more than just a balancing change... Most of the recent racers at BPR and most of the racers I have spoken to are on board with this and again we are sorry the announcement was a bit late. :)

• Cheater, tonyp and Mark Wampler like this

#12 Samiam

Samiam

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,387 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

There was this:

I just want consistent motors
Sam Levitch

When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything is a nail.
Support your local raceway, or you won't have one.
Slot cars are quad-pods.
Support your "Local Racer."
:laugh2:

#13 Fiddler

Fiddler

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:30 PM

It sure seems like this is just another attempt to keep the Cervantes's off the A Main list. Don't forget... last time the SCRRA tried to mix it up and do lap and sections for qualifying, Ben Jr still came out victorious! The cream rises to the top.

I will be greatly surprised if there are any first-timers in the A Main as a result of hand-outs. Most of you still don't understand how important the little details are.

Personally... I don't give a rats ***, but is unfortunate you guys decided to do this with only six weeks to go. Lots of guys already bought motors and broke them in.

Man, I don't know. Seems like the Bens do mighty well in F1 and Can-Am qualifying in big events and monthly races. Mostly A Main qualifiers. Pretty consistent I'd say. Those guys know how to set-up their cars and do rather well.
Tom Eatherly

#14 Jason Holmes

Jason Holmes

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:52 PM

Bryan,

When are you going to post the whole schedule for the Parma CPC?

Thanks,

Jason

Electric Dreams Online Shop