Posted 25 December 2016 - 10:31 PM
- Tex, cdtanner and C. J. Bupgoo like this
Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:43 PM
First, I fabricated a custom guide tongue. The stock unit was not long enough to allow the flag to sit close enough to the front of the car. Second, I fabricated and mounted a custom front pan. See images below for the mods.
I weighed the car in its present form (without glass, front headlight panel and interior). It weighed in at about 245 grams. I then tested the car with a very old and slow Hawk motor. The Nissan could just about break the five second barrier. However, the handling was great. I should have a new Hawk in a week or so and test again
I compared the R390 weight to my Camel Porsche 962. The 962 is also about 245 grams in racing form. The 962 is the record holder in terms of fast laps with 4.743 seconds.
- Install new Hawk 7 motor and test car in finished form with glass, interior, etc.
- Fabricate a "short" front pan to reduce weight and test with finished body
- Test the car with no front pan.
- Determine which configuration works best.
- Bud Greene and C. J. Bupgoo like this
Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:10 PM
- tonyp and C. J. Bupgoo like this
Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:18 PM
Philippe de Lespinay
"We are the D..., uh, the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile"
Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:03 AM
Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:06 PM
The car should get a bit quicker as the brushes seat fully.