• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blue&orange

blue&orange

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:00 PM

Want to let everyone know that Trains & Lanes in Easton, PA, is baby-stepping its way back. In December enough racers had built Group F cars to have a couple of Saturday races. January 2017 will kick off regular Group F racing.

On a completely different note, we will have a Vintage Show and Go day on January 21. Several racers have been dragging out the old iron so we figured we would have some old school fun – may even use Cox controllers. The racing will be with 36D motors in manufacturer's chasses; may even have a separate Manta Ray race because almost everybody has one. I plan on doing a few demonstration laps with my beat but workable Chaparral 2E flipper car.

Thirdly, we have had some discussions with the newly-formed Penn-Jersey NASCAR Series and hope to get a race in the 2017-18 series.  We have a couple of racers building cars now to try to still join the series this winter so we can learn the ropes.

We also have rules for a box stock JK 21 series; just waiting for the racers to pick a race time.  

And in the back of my mind is still the idea to talk with the Retro East folk about an invitational day on an off-weekend – not a race, but an invitation for the Retro crowd to come check us out.

Evening racing is tough at this point because of early store hours. Also, a dedicated pit area is a dream on which we are working. But at least we are movingforward.

So for all of you mourning the demise of Trains & Lanes, check us out on Facebook or, better yet, in person. 

• Cheater, MSwiss, Samiam and 2 others like this
Chris Matthy

#2 JerseyJohn

JerseyJohn

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:15 PM

Chris, good luck. It is refreshing to see growth in a great hobby!!!  

jj

Logo copy.jpg
John Molnar
"Certified Newark Wise Guy since 1984" (retired)
"Certified Tony P Chassis God since 2007"
" Internationally Know Slot Car Racing Celebrity "
https://www.facebook...yjohncreations/
Email me

#3 blue&orange

blue&orange

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:28 PM

I think you could say today marked the true comeback of racing at Trains & Lanes in Easton, PA. A few folks have been showing up for Group F races over the past month.  

But today, in the middle of a snow storm, the racers kept coming and we ended up with twelve racers for our Saturday Group F race on the blue King – according to those who know, the most racers at an event since 2005!!!

And we had a great mix – a few old geezers like me, a lot of younger guys, and even one very fast 11-year-old young lady who really held her own.

On a personal note, it was my first race since 1987. The racing was easy – the corner marshaling left me beat. Planned on running at the bottom, but surprised myself with sixth out of 12 with a so-so car.

And more good news about that classic 220' Altec may be in the wings. Stay tuned.

• Cheater and Samiam like this
Chris Matthy

Electric Dreams Online Shop