• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Keith Tanaka

Keith Tanaka

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

The first race of the new year. A lite turnout with several regular racers missing in action. 
The mixed race had 8 entries with a Porsche 934 and two Jalopies making the podium. The GTP/NASCAR race had 6 entries with Victor's always fast Batman 962 winning with Jim Lane 2nd and Phil Dragoman 3rd.
Unfortunately, I made a mistake when taking the podium photo for the 2nd race. Phil Dragoman finished 3rd rather than Jay Henry. During the last two heats of this race Jay raced another car (for fun). Obviously anyone racing more than one car in a race is automatically DQ'd. Sorry Phil for my mistake. I did "photoshop" you into the podium photo of the race report. 

Thanks to Debby and Jim Watterson (and Eddie, Chris) for their support of D3 Hardbody Racing at Buena Park Raceway.
Thanks to our race directors, Victor Dubrowsky and Keith Tanaka.

Here's the race/photo report: RACE REPORT

We're having a special race for "Mini Coopers" (the older, original mini coopers) this coming Sunday, January 22nd on the flat track. After the mini race, we'll have a Mixed race. Hope to see you at BPR this Sunday for "Maxi" fun.

We opened sign-ups for the Porsche Enduro (Sunday, April 30th). 4 teams signed up so far. Get your team ready to sign-up and reserve your spot in the 4 hr. Enduro in April. The Porsche 911, 934's handle very well with lap times similar to the 80's-2016 NASCARs. 

Also, I handed out the 2017 D3 Hardbody calendars for those who ordered them. Get your calendar this coming Sunday.

Read more: http://d3hardbodyracing.proboards.com

Keith :) 

• Mark Wampler, Samiam and Eddie Fleming like this
Team Rolling Hills circa '66-'68

#2 Samiam

Samiam

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for posting Keith.

Good looking cars. Really adds to the race.

Sam Levitch

When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything is a nail.
Support your local raceway, or you won't have one.
Slot cars are quad-pods.
Support your "Local Racer."
:laugh2:

Electric Dreams Online Shop