6 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Grand Champion Poster

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:43 PM

OK... it seems this is a crime. The CHP is investigating this stunt... I guess Ponch & John don't have anything better to do in the 951... I'm glad this worked out well. Otherwise we'd have the gauche-side politicians screaming about "bike control"...

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

MACHINESIGN.JPG

#2 NSwanberg

NSwanberg

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:25 AM

Lots of idiots all over our country.

• Cheater likes this

Remember the Steube bar! (ask Raisin)
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL RACEWAY!!
"The denial of denial is the first sign of denial." Hank, from Corner Gas

"Death before disco!" Wanda from Corner Gas
Nelson Swanberg 5618

Peace be with all of us and good racing for the rest of us.
Have controller. Will travel. Slot Car Heaven

#3 Dave Crevie

Dave Crevie

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

Interesting, but the last time I was in the LA area, I was there for six days. In that period eleven kids

were killed on clone GP bikes, racing on the canyon roads. The following week, after I had returned

home, the CHP had closed those roads allowing only four-wheeled vehicles through. Not that they

were much better. On my trip in 1974, my cousin took me for a ride on Mulholland in his BRE prepped

Datsun 240Z. One of the few times I have been shaken up riding with someone else.

#4 MSwiss

MSwiss

Grand Champion Poster

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,623 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

If there wasn't any traffic to possibly startle/distract, IMO, no big deal.

I like the reporters name.

I wonder if he mumbles when he's not on camera. Lol

Mike Swiss

Inventor of the Low CG guide flag 4/20/18
IRRA® Components Committee Chairman
Five-time USRA National Champion (two G7, one G27, two G7 Senior)
Two-time G7 World Champion (1988, 1990), eight G7 main appearances
Eight-time G7 King track single lap world record holder

17B West Ogden Ave., Westmont, IL 60559, (708) 203-8003, mikeswiss86@hotmail.com (also my PayPal address)

Note: Send all USPS packages and mail to: 692 Citadel Drive, Westmont, Illinois 60559

#5 Samiam

Samiam

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

The following week, after I had returned home, the CHP had closed those roads allowing only four-wheeled vehicles through.

The CHP violated the biker's 14th amendment right to travel freely. I hope they sued. They could use the money to take advanced rider courses. Or at least pre-pay their funerals.

Sam Levitch

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters, and if you do not have integrity, nothing else matters."
    Robert Mueller, special counsel (2013)

"... because people have got to know whether or not their president is a crook."
    Richard M .Nixon, Nov 17, 1973

"Fool me once, same on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again."
    George W. Bush

#6 Dave Crevie

Dave Crevie

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

They only had the right to travel freely within the law. I am sure there was some sort of court order for the

temporary closing of the roads to the illegal bikes. Very few of the bikes were Cal. legal, and almost all were 

not registered. Over the following several months it became a game of hide and seek between the bikers

and the various law enforcement agencies involved. We did the same thing with street racing in the '50's

and '60's, and they are having the problem again now with the import tuner boys.   

#7 Samiam

Samiam

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

Stopping ALL bikes from entering a public road is a clear violation of the 14th. Amdmt. If the police have probable cause they can stop individual bikes and site them for any violations. If the problem was with any other particular group of people and the same tactic was used, there would be riots in the street.

This tactic was used here to break up a weekly motorcycle gathering in a Nathan's parking lot. The court knew all the stops were illegal and threw out all the traffic violations.

It has also been used in NY and other states as a back door to collect intell on OMGs(Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs). So instead of doing their due diligence they set up motorcycle only checkpoints around rallies and events.

It's a slippery slope. Be glad slot car racers aren't on law enforcement radar.  

Officer: "Good evening sir. What's in the box?"

Sam Levitch

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters, and if you do not have integrity, nothing else matters."
    Robert Mueller, special counsel (2013)

"... because people have got to know whether or not their president is a crook."
    Richard M .Nixon, Nov 17, 1973

"Fool me once, same on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again."
    George W. Bush

Electric Dreams Online Shop