https://www.youtube....8sJLggcc&t=133s

• Samiam likes this

#2 Robert BG

Robert BG

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

I used to drive a Monster truck,I guess I was a "semi Pro " lol.It's a long story but someone I used to race motocross with bought and built a few and after he got hurt or when he was too busy I'd fill in.We had a show/race truck and 2 that we gave people rides in on weekends and in the summer.One of the ride trucks was still current enough to compete with if needed.We'd swap running gear and a few other things if we wadded up the race truck,while the other was too outdated.

I have to say it was one of those things that is seriously hard to top and while we'd get relatively crazy.I never in my wildest imagination thought I'd ever see them do some of the stunts that they do today.

Usually we were one of the sacrificial lambs in the show but all in all the scene was full of great guys having fun.I mean who wouldnt want to take driving lessons from Dennis Anderson on how to roll a truck :D  We were the underdog in a show and instead of getting slaughtered we were to grab the lead from Digger and throw it after the second turn...........With a bonus to roll the truck.Since it was a show near his home town in Kill Devil Hill's he offered to work with us to really up our game.

People used to give us flak about a lot of it being scripted but honestly it was only to make the show better.It was more of a guideline than a script and honestly we'd never have been able to beat Digger on his worst day.

I'd love to do it again and a few years back I could've got back into it but even at 38 there's no way my body could take it after all the times I've been patched back together.It really  beats the you know what out of you and for that reason it's generally a young persons sport these days.

• David Stevens likes this
Robert Fothergill

Electric Dreams Online Shop