Photo

HO chassis built like Emott & Tony chassis?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brucefl

brucefl

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:02 AM

The new realistic way create a boom and give the feel of the vintage 1/24 scale pro days,some break out that Roy Wong 4 wheel independent suspension car.
This would be inexpensive enough for everybody and the possibilities are endless invention.

Like rare earth magnets and hot winds,let's do itopen up your minds and let's go wild and become the steubes&green aways of this new realm of slotcars.
Bruce Schwartz

#2 brucefl

brucefl

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:16 AM

I found shlosser was doing it in the 70s,now it'll be my goal,and any other of us vintage passionate guys.

Attached Images

• Screenshot_2017-04-30-04-47-06.png

Bruce Schwartz

#3 brucefl

brucefl

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:24 AM

Who's going to make the first miniature emott or Tony with Roy Wong 4 wheel independent suspension HO with noose body.
Bruce Schwartz

#4 SlotStox#53

SlotStox#53

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

Anyone who's got enough :wizard: to do so.

Always wanted to do the larger scale ideas on the HO after seeing all the brass wars and modern builds. Plus the so cool RGeo jig :D

#5 brucefl

brucefl

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:43 AM

Now the challenge has begun

Gentlemen get you're soldering irons hot!!!

As soon as my supplies arrive.

Then once we achieve the emott chassis and mini green cans and and mini green away arms then we'll race on the HO blue king.

And the new Era will have begun and HO GROUP 7wing cars to that.then slot cars will be affordable and available in every home.hip hip hooray!!!!!!!
Bruce Schwartz

#6 MSwiss

MSwiss

Grand Champion Poster

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,892 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:05 PM

The Fig. 2/3 chassis looks real cool.

It would of been more impressive with the parts on it to make it a complete, running, car.

Mike Swiss

IRRA® Components Committee Chairman
Five-time USRA National Champion (two G7, one G27, two G7 Senior)
Two-time G7 World Champion (1988, 1990)
Eight-time G7 King track single lap world record holder
17B West Ogden AveWestmont, IL 60559, ( 708) 203-8003
mikeswiss86@hotmail.com (also my PayPal address) 
Note: Send all USPS packages and mail to: 5858 Chase Ave., Downers Grove, IL 60516
Make checks out to Chicagoland Woodworking, Inc.

#7 brucefl

brucefl

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:39 PM

Yeah Mike,from the article it seems as though that was his intention but like Roy Wong went off to school to real careers.

But we're still here,maybe we can finish what he started,and with HO blue king tracks make HO all it can be,and at least make many club tracks with the affordability,now maybe we'll keep slots at a high level but keep it affordable and primarily novice builder based.size and affordability are keys to growth and longevity,I'd rather see lemonade stand principles than corporate giants engulfing things and only the rich can compete.

I think this is slot cars second chance to do it right and not ruin things for the masses.

I could never be what the others were being backed by manufacturers or even others who had families with money,I came from a broken home because my father died and my mother had to raise 3 children alone,and using my father's veterans benefits to pay for my pro car to race as a novice/amateur really wasn't the right thing to do.

But Bernie wasn't sympathetic to us children who desperately wanted to race what we built but he warned us all too often he wouldn't allow us to run our cars because it would ruin his track,well I wish instead he encouraged us to build and perhaps with help from the racetrack not just try to get children's dimes out of their pockets or parents pockets.

I'm sure many others have experienced this too,so now maybe we can come full circle and keep it pure and again affordable and fun to run what you brung(which you built by yourself or your buddy built for you and you wound an armature and traded to make a run what you brung and either callaboratively built or built by yourself,will this not go as far as fast as if manufacturers got involved yes but they can supply the parts to build that we can't make.
Bruce Schwartz

Electric Dreams Online Shop