• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tampabay racer

Tampabay racer

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:32 PM

Can I spray createx and spaz stixs on the same body? I am thinking of switching to createx because it's almost half the price as spaz. I see hobby lobby sells createx. The city I live in don't have a hobby shop that sells spaz, so it takes me about 45 mins one way to get some. So there's 2 deciding factors that makes me want to switch paints.

The reason I'm asking about mixing paints is because I don't have but about 6 different colors of spaz and want to paint a few bodies without all florescence colors.
  • garyvmachines likes this

Brian Ambrose

#2 garyvmachines

garyvmachines

Race Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:42 PM

Hi Brian

I have never used Createx ..... But I have mixed Spaze & Fastcolor.... Spaze & Pactra....... Pactra & fastcolor........!!!

WTF..... it 's not going to BLOW UP.... its $.50 of paint & a $5.00 body..... TAKE a chance !! Try IT , if it runs........                              YOU are  A modern MASTER .....  IT IS Artistic Licenses ..... !!!!!   ;-)

GAV 

Gary Vogeler
12/9/60-8/29/20
Requiescat in Pace

#3 Tampabay racer

Tampabay racer

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:17 PM

I'm not concerned about it blowing up, which would be awesome. I was woundering if they will stick together once it dries. I wouldn't want to paint a rosy for someone and they get hit and all the paint fall off where the 2 contact each other. WTF it's a learning question.

Brian Ambrose

#4 Mike Patterson

Mike Patterson

Village Luddite

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

If spaz is waterbase, there should be no problems.

BTW, I've never heard of spaz stix, but from what I have read, any water base acrylic hobby paint will work OK. I know Hobby Lobby sells several different brands besides Createx.

I am not a doctor, but I played one as a child with the girl next door.

#5 dz1

dz1

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:13 PM

Spaz stix is a lacquer based paint and I would not spray it over Fascolor, Createx, etc. I would spray my lacquer paint first and then follow or back it with acrylic paint.

• smokie likes this

Ed Dziewior

#6 smokie

smokie

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:40 PM

Spaz stix is a lacquer based paint and I would not spray it over Fascolor, Createx, etc. I would spray my lacquer paint first and then follow or back it with acrylic paint.

EXACTLY!!!

the water-based paint will adhere to the Spaz, but the Spaz will "bite" into the Createx....unless you give the wated based paint a few days to thoroughly dry.....

Jeff Bigelow
"It's not about winning or losing the race,
it's about how good you look for the concours judge"

#7 Jason Fronabarger

Jason Fronabarger

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:35 PM

I use creatix exclusively now, like u said its available at Hobby Lobby and they have a lot of color options....I live in the south where humidity is often an issue. What I have learned...
Its all different, some people will say its just like faskolor, well some of it is, some of it is thicker or thinner. Faskolor is pretty much ready to spray out of the bottle. Some creatix has to be reduced.
I agree and have sprayed it on top of the lacquer, never tried to spray lacquer on it, as I just figured it would activate it and I would have a mess!
Creatix does seem to take a couple of day to really cure to a point where tape wont pull it off and such.

Ive painted thousands slot car bodies, my family did Hogwild nascar bodies for years we did 4-500 a month, we havent sold those since 1998 and there was 44 on eBay last month!. We painted all those with lacquer, its dries instantly and a pint painted a lot of bodies and I sprayed them with a touch up gun.
Just using my air brush now days painting 20. Bodies at a time, water based paint gets my vote. Hot waters clean up and then I take it apart and run it through my ultrasonic cleaner (which is heated) with window cleaner.
Creatix does stick to the lexan good. No complaints, cheap quick and easy, just wish it dried like lacquer.

#8 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,274 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:20 AM

I recall seeing Hogwild bodies years ago at the then local raceway. Have you tried heat setting Createx? It will speed up an acrylic's drying time, but it's never as quick as lacquer. From a little trial & error, other brands of acrylics will adhere to lexan too.

Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

Electric Dreams Online Shop