Photo

Classic Industries correct type screws for body/chassis?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mike1972chev

mike1972chev

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:25 PM

I have several CLASSIC Ind cars I am working on and several more in the future . I seem to be in good supplies other than the screws that are used in the chassis,motor mounts and body mounting.  I have a few N.O.S. parts kits sealed and am noticing what seems to be two different styles of screws with them.

IMG_1592.JPG

IMG_1589.JPG

The screw on the left is one I see the most of in my Classic cars and parts kits is a round headed ,slotted screw. The one on the right I see a few in my parts kits of and is more of a pan head,slotted screw. 

Does anyone know if they were used in different years of production maybe??? Switched styles in later produced kits???

Is there any equivelent replacements here in the modern world I can buy that matches them? (I thought Martin might have mentioned McMaster Carr in my Cyclone Avenger body mounting post??? :/

Michael J. Boruff

#2 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,284 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:56 PM

Round-head screw for all uses except under the chassis when you have a separate motor or body mount. If you want your car to be pretty, Cox has the same round-head screw but... chrome plated. The essence of cool. 

Philippe de Lespinay

#3 mike1972chev

mike1972chev

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

I will keep my eyes peeled to hunt up some more of them.I was hoping maybe to find something after market to buy a nice quantity of them also.

Michael J. Boruff

#4 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,284 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:26 PM

You can find the round-head and flat-head #1 self-tapping screws on the McMasters catalogue, but they are zinc plated and a bit dull look. 

Philippe de Lespinay

Electric Dreams Online Shop