• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pshoe64

Pshoe64

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:16 PM

Okay, I'm going racing this weekend for the first time since 1993. So I apologize to the other drivers now for my, what will be my obvious, lack of driving skills and eyesight.  

But I did build two cars for the event and hopefully the VooDoo theme will unnerve everyone enough so I can get out front, for like half a second!  Looking forward to running some laps.

-Paul

2017%20SP%20GTP%20-%203_zpsczf9lvvn.jpg

2017%20SP%20F1%20-%203_zpstzy2gqp2.jpg

• Cheater likes this
Paul Shoemaker

Posted Image

#2 SpeedyNH

SpeedyNH

Old Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:45 PM

Good luck, man. At least you'll be able to see 'em on the track!

(Underside pics?)

Steve Lang

#3 Pshoe64

Pshoe64

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:49 PM

Not much to look at underneath.  I'm racing in two "spec-class" races that call for stock Mega G or Mega G+ chassis.

We can only change the rear tires.  I have a pair of .442 Super Tires that seem to be the trick so far. I set up a G and G+ for the event.  The G seems faster but the G+ handles much better.  I'll try out both at the track and see which suits me there.  The Mazda is a ViperJet. We run those stock with rear tire changes permitted.  This is my first time racing a modern brass weight car on 12 volts.  I really like them so far.  Reminds me of the old days racing pan cars with all the weight and no mags to hold a corner.  Can't wait for Saturday to get here.

Paul Shoemaker

Posted Image

#4 Pshoe64

Pshoe64

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:28 PM

First chance I've had to post since racing last Saturday. First off, the guys at LCS club are excellent and they made me feel like I was racing there for years. Great bunch to run with. I managed to finish in the top 7...and it just so happened there were 7 racers that day! But I had a blast and learned a lot. I need some practice, but I did have a fast car and was able to run several laps with the lead group. I need to learn to watch my car and not everyone else's again. Looking forward to the next race and improving. I really liked the ViperJet, it was very different than anything I raced before. Working on my next build for the weekend and spend some time on my track getting lap time down. Thanks again to Stan for the invite and to Byron for hosting. Byron has a beautiful Tyco track that is very smooth and challenging. Made new friends with Walter, Joey, Steve and David. Can't wait to race some more with you guys.

Paul Shoemaker

Posted Image

#5 Pshoe64

Pshoe64

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

Trying out Imagur as a new host site.  Finished closing out PB this week.  This is my latest racing build.  The Western Auto livery was a bit more challenging than I thought it would be, but I like how it turned out.  I'm enjoying the paint and build sessions.  Now if I could get my driving skills to improve!

--Paul

sRGyRrf.jpg

uaMd8rC.jpg

Paul Shoemaker

Posted Image

#6 Pshoe64

Pshoe64

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

I forgot to post the Red Lobster Car I did 2 weeks ago.  It's getting raced again this weekend along with the WA livery.

-Paul

XMDJPqf.jpg

cGsK8hi.jpg

Paul Shoemaker

Posted Image

Electric Dreams Online Shop