• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Cochrane

Brian Cochrane

Brian Xpro Retro East Member

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

Back in March I posted a post about breaking-in a new motor in which I said I wish it didn't take so long to break-in the brushes whether it be done in water or a dry break-in method.

It ruffled a few feathers but as the comments started coming in, one of them really helped greatly.It was made by a fellow racer named Matt. He told us of his Simple Green method of motor brush break-in and described the speed of break in as if it were on steroids. 

Well, it is the fastest way to do a motor brush break in, and ever since that comment of Matt's aired on the blog people have been thanking me for the help. At the recent RetroPalooza  many people said, "Brian, thanks for the advice about the simply green break-in method." I tell them that I posted it but Matt is the one to thank.

I don't know exactly how many did the Simple Green break-in that day, but I'm gonna guess and say probably 95+ percent. This gives me much satisfaction because it really works and the hand-out motors were really fast...

• Matt Bruce and Samiam like this

#2 Half Fast

Half Fast

Keeper Of Odd Knowledge

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

This is a post about your post: "A post about the post I posted" :) :

Yes, the Simple Green break-in was used by many. Sure does save time.

Not all the hand-outs were fast. I got one good and one bow-wow.

Cheers.

Sorry, Bri I, couldn't resist.  :shok:

• Brian Cochrane likes this

Bill Botjer

Faster then, wiser now.

The most dangerous form of ignorance is not knowing that you don't know anything!

#3 Eddie Fleming

Eddie Fleming

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:06 PM

I have discovered that you don't even need to submerge the motor in Simple green.

Hold the running motor over something to catch the liquid and spray Simple Green in the motor. 

About 5 to 10 sec, and you are done except for cleaning the Green out of the motor.

• JRE likes this
Eddie Fleming

Electric Dreams Online Shop