No replies to this topic

#1 havlicek

havlicek

OCD Rewinder

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:53 AM

So, a while back I started in on an old Mura NCC12 D motor, and never got very far because of the end bell bushing being completely shot.  Now, I can just make a new one!  So I did that and then got busy on the arm...a 50/29.  I added a little more "quirky" factor and did mine as a "hemi".  The magnets here are a good step up from the earlier Mabuchis, but not quite up to Arcos.  Still, the motor should be plenty fast and pretty much right compared to the original.  The arm is pictured here before tying and epoxying (*I don't even know if the original NCC12 arms were tied and epoxied...but I don't care, this one will be).  You can get a better picture of what to shoot for when brazing this way.

IMG_2147_zpsqgpm4q20.jpg

Yes, this arm probably could have been silver-soldered and been absolutely fine, but a little extra insurance can't hurt.  Besides, it's as fast to braze them as it is to solder them...maybe faster.  Anyway, the arm is as tight and neat as I can make  6-layer coils.  For the old-school Chevy guys...the arm meters at precisely .327 ohms :)

I don't think the original NCC 12 arms were balanced, but I'll do my best static balance here just because.

• MSwiss, Tex, B.C. and 5 others like this
John Havlicek

Electric Dreams Online Shop