Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:55 AM

T-Jet - Ron Schmidt

Gravity - Jim Keen

AM Super Stock - Phil LaQuatra, Jr.

Pro Super Stock - Roger Porcelli

CM PolyMod - Bill Armour

NeoMod - Mike Stewart

Unlimited - Roger Porcelli

Full class listings and photos from this link...

http://www.hopra.net/2017

John Wheeler

Certified Trigger-Finger Fitness Trainer

#2 A. J. Hoyt

A. J. Hoyt

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:47 AM

Well presented break-down of the races - listing winners in Slotblog post, top finishers in summary and class totals in the .pdf files. I guess HOPRA has been doing these Nationals for a while now and have it down!

Looks like it was a great event, well supported by the MI, CO and New England racers I recognized.

Can someone briefly explain the laps / sec so that we can all understand. It appears there are generally groups of four which makes me think there was a double bracket system to the top and the laps kept accumulating up through each level until the top four met in the Main. Or something different from that. Inquiring minds want to know.

Keep it in the slot,

AJ

Never complacent - striving to race to ever increasing levels of mediocrity!

The only thing I know about slot cars is if I had a good time when I leave the building! I can count the times I didn't on one hand!

Entitlement:
The notion that one can have their slot car racing and EAT IT, too!

Former Home Track - Slot Car Speedway and Hobbies
, Longmont, CO, Noteworthy for the 155' Hillclimb track featuring the THUNDER-DONUT - "Two men enter; one man leaves!"

#3 akahollywood

akahollywood

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

Good questions, AJ.

HOPRA uses a 2-bracket and a 4-bracket system for the Nats races. I believe all of the national classes have 40+ entries, so that means the 4-bracket system was used. (All the tracks at Lucky Bob's were four lane tracks, which means each bracket has four heats with the top 2 finishers moving to a heat in the next bracket. This happens until you get to the Semis and beyond. That's when the winner of each of the (4) Semis moves to one of two Super Semis and the top 4 non-winners (in laps) fill them out. Then, the winners from each Super Semi, along with the top 2 non-winners (in laps) move to the Main. It's kind of complicated at first, but is the way the Nats has been run just about from the beginning. Hope that clears it up for you a bit. 

Dave Lehr

Electric Dreams Online Shop