18 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:13 AM

The 2017 SCRRA Summer Western Classic is nearly here!  As announced earlier we will once again run a handout motor format for Can-Am only, which will be exactly the same as the Parma Checkpoint Cup last January. Each racer will be allowed a maximum of three (3) JK Hawk Retro 7R7R motors which will be marked and numbered and racers must run the motors they were assigned to on sign up.

The racing schedule will also be the same as at the Checkpoint. Friday, July 21, will begin the weekends events with Retro Anglewinder Coupe on the Flat track with tech inspection beginning at 9:30 AM. F1 will follow Coupe also on the Flat track with tech starting approximately an hour after the conclusion of the Coupe race. The last race of the day will be Retro Pro on the King track with tech at about 6 PM. BPR will open at 8 AM on Friday.

Saturday, July 22, will feature Can-Am on the King track with BPR opening at 7 AM and tech inspection at 10 AM and will remain open for a reasonable time to accommodate the hand out motors and break-in. The SCRRA will assist any racer in need of motor break-in and installation of pinions. As at all the major races Can-Am bodies will be inspected for thickness and all bodies must weigh a minimum of 5.5 grams which includes driver.

The final event of the 2017 Summer Western Classic will be F1 on the King track with the track opening at 8 AM and tech inspection at 10 AM. Remember, the Can-Am race on Saturday is the only race with the hand-out rule in effect and all the other races will use the normal SCRRA rules concerning motors.

More details to follow shortly and everyone have a great 4th of July!!  :good:

• Tim Wilkins likes this

#2 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,483 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:24 PM

Wow – the year is half over?? Where did it go?? Looking forward to finally making another big race!! Should be fun!! Love the flat track races especially!!   :)

• JimF and Tom Eatherly like this
She's real fine, my 409!!!

#3 kuni123456

kuni123456

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:50 PM

I plan to bring John Cukras and myself to the Summer Western Classic. I have two new Duran multi-rail Can-Am cars and hope to have a good race.

John K. Wakamatsu

#4 Tim Wilkins

Tim Wilkins

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:35 AM

Good to hear John C. is feeling better. Best of success with the new chassis, John.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

#5 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:11 PM

See you racers Fri. Coupe and F1 to the flat track!

• JimF likes this
Tom Eatherly

#6 JimF

JimF

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:07 PM

Hate to miss this race but it would've been three weekends in a row with a whole lot of driving. Just couldn't face it. Turns out that tomorrow I have an appointment with a property manager to look at another possible new store location that just popped up so it wouldn't have been practical anyway.

Y'all have a great time. 

Jim Fowler

#7 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,483 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:35 PM

Sorry to miss you, Jim. I was down talking with Herman today. And Charlie and Don from Salt Lake are here.  

Going to be a fun three days!! See you at the next one!!   :)

She's real fine, my 409!!!

#8 Upfront slot cars

Upfront slot cars

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

Good luck to all the guys racing this weekend!!!

• MSwiss, Bryan Warmack and Jason Holmes like this
Andrew Ford

#9 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:28 PM

In the Flat track races today to begin the 2018 Summer Western Classic, a great turnout for both Anglewinder Coupe and F1.

In the Coupe race, Bryan Warmack just edged Dale Yamashita in second and Duran Trujillo in third after a race-long battle!  

The F1 race was also the usual shootout and when the dust settled Mill Conroy hung on for the win over Jerry Johnson and Dale Yamashita.

Super drives also in F1 by Craig Correia and Diana Dyckman, who both came from the B Main to battle for A Main podium spots! :good:      

RetroPro being run presently and Can-Am tomorrow...

• Howie Ursaner, JimF, Mark Wampler and 4 others like this

#10 bbr

bbr

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:23 AM

Rick Linn won RetroPro.

• Howie Ursaner likes this
Mike Low
Cry like a baby, drive like a girl, walk like a man.
Give me enough rope and I'll build a fast car... or hang myself?

#11 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

Good to see Mill get the top spot in F1 yesterday. WTG, Mill!

And thanks to Don Hasse for taking over my turn marshall chores for me in the F1 A. Wife's birthday. Best not fool with that.

And thanks Charlie for the coupe help.

Good luck today to everyone in Can-Am.

Tom Eatherly

#12 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:10 AM

In Can-Am action today an absolutely classic race that had it all!... The top three, Duran Trujillo first, Jerry Johnson second, and Craig Correia third, were the class of the field and were separated by about a lap at the end and just ran away from everyone else!  

Jerry and Craig came from the C Main to battle TQ Duran for the win and Craig's courageous drive was awesome considering the serious health issues he's been dealing with recently! Congrats Craig!  :good: Congrats Jerry!  :good:  Congrats Duran!  :good:  Fantastic race!!

F1 tomorrow...

• MSwiss, Tex, tonyp and 7 others like this

#13 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

Congrats to the top three in Can-Am! Have to say racing with Craig was something. In F1, he just kept getting better every heat, advancing to the A and did well there. Then reading this about Craig moving from the C, B, and taking third in the A Main? What a feat! Truly shows what a competitor Craig is.

My hat goes off to all the racers giving it their best shot, but bravo to Craig Corriea.

• Cheater, MSwiss, Tex and 5 others like this
Tom Eatherly

#14 Craig

Craig

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:47 PM

Thank you all for the kind words!  I had a wonderful time all three days even though I absolutely wore myself out by the end of Sunday's racing. It's been a long time since I've had cars that worked as well as these cars I ran over this weekends race. I have to attribute that to Dale Yamashita taking care of the setup on my Hi-Tech F1, my Duran Can-Am, and my Kamo Coupe. These cars were flawless all weekend with the exception of finding the correct tire for the F1 race Sunday. I discovered the tire I ran in the Can-Am race was the ticket for F1 on the King.  

As for my health, I believe I'm on the mend but the progression is slow. I have difficulty speaking as there is still some swelling of my tongue. I experience two scenarios from the radiation: my mouth is either extremely dry or the saliva is so thick that it has to be sucked out with a machine. I cannot swallow anything. No food or liquid will go down at all. I haven't had a bite since December. Needless to say, I'm hungry! My ENT stated I may not ever be able to eat again but I'm going to prove him wrong. I do have two other doctors that say that is not the case. That it will take about a year and I should be able to eat after therapy. With that said, I was happy to hear that news!

Okay, now we prepare for the next race I will attend and that being the Boola Bash. I'll have a repaired F1, a new F1, and my very dependable Duran car.  

See you all then!!!  

• Cheater, Tex, Tim Neja and 10 others like this
Craig Correia

Team CORT!

There are two rules for success... One: Never tell everything you know

Team Imaginary Racing Designs

#15 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:43 PM

Craig,

Just a great weekend and your drive yesterday was truly inspirational! In F1 today you were on your way to another repeat performance of yesterday with another C to A Main move-up until the wheel problem but still a super run! Congrats on an outstanding weekend and great to hear of your positive prognosis!

In the F1 final today, Duran Trujillo slowly pulled away to a comfortable win over Sam Rackham in second. TQ TJ Albu ran a super race to take the final podium position!

Congrats Duran, Sam and TJ!  Great run by Diana Dyckman to secure an A Main sit out spot in qualifying!

Full race report of the 2017 Summer Western Classic with all pics up shortly...

• Tex, JimF, Mark Wampler and 4 others like this

#16 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:17 AM

It seems Diana's F1s were working pretty darn good over the weekend. Very good Friday on the flat track when we were racing and a sit out for the A Main Sun? Good indeed. Good runs.

• JimF and Craig like this
Tom Eatherly

#17 Marco Carvalho

Marco Carvalho

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:48 PM

I had a great time at the Can-Am race. Thanks Eddie Shorer for the invite and for the car! After a really bad qualifying, I was having a great race but my axle snapped in a nasty crash caused by me. Fixed that, had a nice comeback, then I had a problem with my gear - losing a few more laps. Anyways, carreras son carreras.

I had a great time and you guys will be seeing me more often around the track. 

• Tim Neja, Bryan Warmack and Jason Holmes like this

Marco Carvalho

#18 Charlie Nelson

Charlie Nelson

builder/racer

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

I know that Don and I had another Great Big Weekend! Lots of work trying to keep up with that field. Thanks to everyone for your help and making us feel 'in the race.' I was inspired by several drivers and builders and that 'big family' feel. An ironic honor to qualify between Terry S. and John C. in Can-Am. and to race with some friends from along time ago... Thanks, Bryan W., once again!

We hope to participate more often. After all, you can always use more turn marshals.   

• Cheater, Tim Neja, Jason Holmes and 1 other like this

#19 Wizard16

Wizard16

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

To put Charlie's comment about marshaling in context, both Don and Charlie delayed the start of their car journey to Utah and Idaho on hold to volunteer marshal the F1 race on Sunday. I haven't seen such unselfishness on the final race of a premier race before. Thank you, Don and Charlie. Both of whom saved my car from damage with their quick reaction times.

Bryan always amazes with his organizational skills and race reporting. I'm sure the SCRRA would not run as well without Bryan.
  • Cheater, tonyp, Tim Neja and 5 others like this
Diana Dyckman

Electric Dreams Online Shop