• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,702 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:42 PM

At first it seems Apple's Safari browser was crashing using either the Yahoo home page or Yahoo mail (even the Yahoo Mail App is affected) and now it seems Chrome and IE are starting to crash. It gets worse with time.

In my case no other websites or apps have this problem using Safari. NONE, yet Yahoo is pointing at Safari saying nothing is wrong with their system...

I just installed AdBlocker (Sorry, Greg. But I DO see an ad up in the corner) and the problem has just gone away. The site was stable for over 10 minutes. Before it was getting the Safari crash notice about every 40 seconds. It looks like something Yahoo is doing with their ad distribution is crashing browsers (not just Safari).

Just a heads-up in case anyone is having this problem...

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

Posted Image

#2 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,702 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

Testing adblocker on second machine and the problem is cured here too.

Too bad I have to do this. I know many website need the ad money in order to exist. Thank Yahoo for my necessary use of adblocker.

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

Posted Image

#3 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:22 PM

I've use Yahoo Mail as an alternative site for years, but haven't experienced any browser crashers.

Bill Fernald

"I'm not short, I'm just down to earth."

#4 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,702 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:25 PM

I don't use Yahoo mail servers so I have no idea what's happening there. I do use Yahoo's Financial site and it will bomb the browser within 1 minute and repeatedly do so until Safari gives up and forces a page reload, which does nothing to solve the problem. I'm about to try AdBlocker on machine #3 and see if it clears up the browser bombing there. I think it will.

Posted Image

Electric Dreams Online Shop