5 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Earnhart

Chris Earnhart

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:51 PM

On Friday,July 14th FASTRAXXX was given a sign by Mother Nature and GOD. They must not have wanted us to race the Triple Crown Race of Dudes. Wed. an extreme storm and lightning came over the track and caused some unknown havoc. Not until Friday when we opened up how much damage had been done. The BLACK's timing, computer, power supply, and monitors were damaged. As you can imagine, we did not run the Race of Dudes. Everyone spent time testing the oval and trouble shooting the BLACK.

We at FASTRAXXX have taken this as a sign that GOD has some problems with the way slot car racing is heading and the way we are acting. He has seemed to send a message that we all should be concerned about our future and should do positve things to attract more into the sport.

We came to the conclusion that he's tired of watching the sport's participants acting like politicians on the Sunday morning talk shows complaining of the problem but never coming up with any good solution or practice what they're preaching.

Concerned, I called Al Gore, the inventor of the internet, and he said that the "innernet" is a free powerful source of advertising and how today's people communicate. What are we communicating as slot car proponents to the vast group of new racers, manufacturers, and track owners? Are we using these resources in a "heavenly" way? Would you participate and invest in this sport with the commentary that is spewed. I am no Bill Gates and use these resources in a limited way. However, there are others who can flood the air with videos and positive info that would provide a new interest in slot cars. Putin and crew,if you're watching us, we may need your help.

I have seen the future Friday, July 14, 2017 and it was grim. Fortunatly, we are in safe hands and have insurance that should aleviate some hurt, but it does make you wonder.

Clean braids, Chris

FASTRAXXX where a race becomes an event.
  • Frankie Schaffier likes this
Chris Earnhart
Fastraxxx

"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity" - Richard Childress

#2 Samiam

Samiam

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

I don't know about any heavenly signs or divine messages but I would definitely better protect your electronics from lightning and power surges.  Just go down to your local Radio Shack and ....uh...ahhh, never mind.

"I called Al Gore, the inventor of the internet," :sarcastic_hand:

Sam Levitch

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters, and if you do not have integrity, nothing else matters."
Robert Mueller,special council.(2013)

#3 Greg VanPeenen

Greg VanPeenen

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:02 PM

Chris is right.

We are in dire need of a change in direction.

Stop arguing about every little thing. Old motors new motors, new guides that make your car run faster. Why do they work ,how do they work, do they break more often. Sanctioning bodies we are best no we are best. Every little nit picking thing. My God. Stop bitchin.

Stop giving the new guys a hard time. Help that guy out as much as you can to get faster. Maybe he will stick with it and not be gone in a month, never to be seen again. Same deal with some older guys wanting to get back in the sport/hobby after 20 years. Help that guy get back up to speed. If youngsters come into the track give them and their parents some of your time and explain how things work. Be nice and answer their questions, no matter what you thing about the questions. Remember they, more then likely, know nothing about SLOT RACING.

Be friendly, this is not like real racing no ones life is on the line. Quit acting like it is. Win or lose everyone walks away after the race. Don't cut down other forms of slot car racing, Wing Cars, Retro Cars, Flexi Cars, Scale Cars, Drag Cars Hard Body Cars. Oval, Road Course. Drag Strip, HO, 1/43, 1/32, 1/25-24. There is something for every taste.

It's time to stop acting like assholes, me included, and start having fun. Life is to short to waste it on negatives. Example Michigan is running out of Raceways yet I have heard of people saying they won't race at so and so raceway because they don't like the owner or don't like someone who races there. Petty Bull **** this kind on nonsense is what is killing Slot Car Racing.

The days of having several raceway in one town to choose from, For most of use, are long over. We are down to in some cases 2 or 3 in a state. The cliff is near if we fall off there well be no climbing back up.

So, Go to your Raceway and try having fun for a change. I'am going to start next Tuesday and then I'am going to Mid America on Wednesday to get ready for the Race For The Ring. I'am going to do my best to have fun there also.

Regards,

Greg VanPeenen 

• Frankie Schaffier, Racer36, Samiam and 1 other like this

#4 Samiam

Samiam

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:20 PM

"Don't cut down other forms of slot car racing, Wing Cars, Retro Cars, Flexi Cars, Scale Cars, Drag Cars Hard Body Cars. Oval, Road Course. Drag Strip, HO, 1/43, 1/32, 1/25-24. There is something for every taste."

I can't agree more.

• NSwanberg and Hack like this
Sam Levitch

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters, and if you do not have integrity, nothing else matters."
Robert Mueller,special council.(2013)

#5 Mattb

Mattb

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:48 PM

This is a recurring topic and this time I'm not going to bother with it.   We have discussed this seven ways from Sunday!

Matt Bishop

Vintage Cox Slot Cars

#6 Mike Patterson

Mike Patterson

Village Luddite™

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:35 PM

Lack of participation is happening to every hobby/sport/pastime. Everyone is becoming addicted to their phones, and pretty soon, that's all that will be left. If there ain't an app for that, they're not interested.

I hope this isn't considered too political. :D

My neighbors listen to heavy metal... whether they want to or not!!!

Electric Dreams Online Shop