1 reply to this topic

#1 JimF

JimF

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:26 AM

Here are a few quick new product notes:

Parma Dodge Charger 4.5” Stock Car body: It is called the "'69 500 Stock Car" and is Parma item # 1061C. This has been out for a while but I just missed the announcement when it first came out. This body is approved for our next stock car race. At first glance, it looks a little swoopier than the ubiquitous Parma Cyclone but when side by side, it’s really not. Still, this will be a nice addition and at least for now while the mold is new, the cut lines, door lines etc. look very crisp.

parma 500.jpg

Kelly “Bullet” motor: As near as I can tell this is a Slick 7 mini Brute from the same batch as the last ones that S7 had. I bought one to test it and after a break in (maybe incomplete) it ran about 0.15 sec slower than the best of the current JK MB that I have (IOW, about average) I doubt that this will be a continuing supply but for anyone just pining away for the old motor…..this is approved.

DSC02953.JPG

S7 Mini Brute almost look alike: These are floating around on the internet and are not being sold as slot car motors or by slot car product suppliers. The tell tale is that the can end bushing is fully capped. This motor is NOT APPROVED. Don’t bother trying to find them and then showing up with one. No mulligans on this one. Thanks to Gary Hooks for the tip off on this.

DSC02939.JPG

• tonyp likes this
Jim Fowler

#2 Richard Matthews

Richard Matthews

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:21 PM

I have been repairing the track rentals for FTH for awhile now and the MB is the primary rental motor, the original MB motor slotted like the Falcon has been the most durable motor, long since phased out. (OK if you have them) The rectangle can is a great durable motor but 2 out of 5 for a fast one. I have seen these motors run until the arm holding the brush loses contact. The new JKMB are fast and predictable on speed , crapshoot on dependability. I have seen failures I don't understand , mostly high amperage draw.
I have to add the rentals have a resistor built into the lead wire to slow the cars down and reduce damage to the cars  which may add to the current draw.

No complaints about current rules or MB motors , just posting my observations

• boxerdog likes this

Electric Dreams Online Shop