• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 tjsguns

tjsguns

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

I put this together for our short-lived Sat night Stocker races which lasted about four months.

It's a thick sturdy body that I gave a simple spray can paint job and decals to detail.
It's got the MPC chassis and Dyno-can motor kit.
It's also got a nice set MPC slicks on it which really work great with no glue on our local track
I also put the only engine size decals I had left on it.

Best offer by midnight Eastern time, Tuesday, October 24, 2017. Note that this car is being sold “AS-IS.”

You can post your offer in this thread, or if you wish to remain anonymous, send your offer (stating clearly which car) either in a PM to Cheater here at Slotblog or email him at greg@slotblog.net, and he will post it for you without identification.

Please note this NEW REQUIREMENT: So anonymous bids can be posted to the threads before the auction ends, anonymous bids must be sent ONE HALF HOUR before the ending time listed for the car. For example, if the bidding closes at 11 PM Eastern for posted bids, anonymous bids must be received by 10:30 PM Eastern, whether sent via email or PM.

Buyer to pay shipping costs. Shipping in most cases will be via USPS “First-Class Package Service,” at least within the US. International shipping will be by method of winning bidder's choice at his expense. A small amount will be added for the cost of packaging materials. If insurance is desired (above any amount automatically included) the additional cost will be at the buyer’s expense. It is not expensive to add insurance to First-Class Package Service (for example, $200 of insurance costs just an additional $3.35).

Buyer to pay shipping, which will in most cases be via USPS Priority Mail, at least within the US. International shipping will be by method of winning bidder's choice at his cost. Additional insurance above what the shipper provides is optional at winning bidder's cost.

You can post your offer in this thread, or if you wish to remain anonymous, send your offer (stating clearly which car) either in a PM to Cheater here at Slotblog or email him at greg@slotblog.net, and he will post it for you without identification.

p.1.jpg

p.2.jpg

p.3.jpg

p.4.jpg

p.5.jpg

p.6.jpg

p.7.jpg

p.8.jpg

p.9.jpg

Thomas J Scott

#2 John Odell

John Odell

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

Bid $50.

• Cheater likes this

#3 Tom Katsanis

Tom Katsanis

Backmarker

• Subscriber
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:44 AM

I will put $75 up for this one.
  • Cheater likes this

#4 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,423 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:27 PM

Please note revised sale conditions in post #1.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#5 tjsguns

tjsguns

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

Does anyone know what the little tabs with the hole in the middle on the front and back of the chassis are for?

Thomas J Scott

#6 Tim Wilkins

Tim Wilkins

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

I believe they would allow a screw into a plastic post from the original body this chassis was intended for.

MPC.jpg

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

#7 tjsguns

tjsguns

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

Yeah
Thanks for refreshing my mind Tim
Now I remember that a lot of the MPC RTR stuff had hard bodies on it and there were these posts under the Body that a screw went through to attach the interior / body to the chassis
However, you could still buy a roller only kit from them. That's how the all brass one came that's on one of the MPC Cars I'm selling
Thomas J Scott

#8 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,423 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:04 PM

Tom Katsanis is the winning bidder on the Petty Plymouth 409 at $75.

• Tom Katsanis likes this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

Electric Dreams Online Shop