6 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:59 AM

The last monthly SCRRA race before the Boola Bash is this Saturday on BPR's Flat track. The usual schedule with F1 tech beginning at 10 AM. Lunch will follow F1 and Can Am beginning in the early afternoon. See you there!  :good:

P1140303.JPG

• Tim Neja, Mark Wampler, Jason Holmes and 4 others like this

#2 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

I see those side dams, you rascal! See ya Sat Bryan. New car?

Tom Eatherly

#3 Tim Wood

Tim Wood

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:08 PM

Nice looking car. Great detail work, that should make concourse.

#4 Eddie Fleming

Eddie Fleming

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

I like the side dams use to break up the TI22 domination as long as it does not get out of hand.

What are your rules for them?

Car looks great.

Eddie Fleming

#5 Tim Wilkins

Tim Wilkins

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

Basically no rules officially posted on the side dams other than a past thread. It was mentioned the side dams can be glued or stapled to a maximum height no higher on the sides than any legally approved Ti-22 body by the SCRRA. No minimum or maximum thickness requirements of the side dams.  NOT LEGAL FOR ANY OF THE BIG RACES.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

#6 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

I like the side dams use to break up the TI22 domination as long as it does not get out of hand.

What are your rules for them?

Car looks great.

Eddie,

Thanks!  A Chris Amon Can Am Ferrari 612. We started allowing bodies other than the TI's to run little air dams about 2 years ago.  And like Tim said, only in the monthly races, not at any of the major events so it was never written into the SCRRA rules. We also are pretty lenient in the monthly races for allowing racers to fix minor problems with their cars such as a lost wheel or a loose gear that can be fixed quickly, which is also against the rules, but at the monthly races we're just a bit more tolerant.

P1140305.JPG

The rules for the add on air dams are pretty simple.......no higher than a line connecting the top of the front fender to the top of the highest point of the body in the rear.  Can be quickly added with double sided tape and a small staple gun. I made a bunch of .005 lexan strips and handed some out to a few racers but in over 2 years I believe the only racers that have ever added them are myself, Dennis Samson and Jason Holmes. Despite some racers saying it would be the beginning of the end for Retro racing at BPR is has been a total non-issue from the start. Personally I like to run bodies other than the TI's and I have never done any serious back to back tests but I figure the air dams can't hurt!

• Tim Neja, Mark Wampler, Jason Holmes and 1 other like this

#7 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:17 PM

In BPR action today, the usual hard fought Flat track races. In F1, Mill Conroy ran to a comfortable win followed by Dale Yamashita in second. The last podium spot went down to the wire with Jason Holmes just edging Bryan Warmack and Gary Donahoe by inches when the power went off!   Can Am had Dale Yamashita on top over Bryan Warmack in 2nd and Mill Conroy in 3rd in a super race!

Full report with pics up shortly...........

• JimF, Jason Holmes, Tom Eatherly and 2 others like this

Electric Dreams Online Shop