#1 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,927 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:45 AM

rr1.jpg

'Rapid' Rick Raducha is one of the most amazing people I've ever met, one of those rare individuals who just basically ignore their physical challenges. Besides being very successful in finding sponsors for 1:1 racers via his Driver Connection Motorsports business, Rick and his sister Dawn co-own and heavily promote slot racing at Rapid Raceway in Plainville, CT. I have direct personal experience with the warmth and hospitality of this amazing pair of siblings. As Hawkeye Pierce used to say, they're the 'finest kind.'

Rick is never happier than when attending local short tracks everywhere he can, but the special van he's used for years now needs to be replaced and donations are being requested. Please help if you can do so! Here's a link to the Facebook fundraiser that is active. If you're not on Facebook and want to donate, contact me for Dawn's email address.

Help Ricky Raducha purchase a new van

Dawn's text from the fundraiser page:

"If you know my brother Ricky, you know he doesn't ask for help. So now I'm asking because he really needs a new van. 

During his younger days, with his brittle bones, often with a broken leg, arm or rib, he still went to work. Now that he is older he doesn't have that ability.

The best medicine for my brother has always been driving and going to the races. I want that to continue and I hope many of you do, too.

Please help my brother Ricky to purchase a new specially equipped van"

• triggerman, Samiam and Humbolt like this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#2 Rich Goucher

Rich Goucher

Backmarker

• Subscriber
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 10:09 AM

As an addition to Greg's sharing of Ricky's GoFundME Page, I would hope that most of the people in the hobby could find a few bucks to donate to help Ricky get his van. His has not been an easy road in life, yet he has run  successful businesses, and been one of the biggest cheerleaders for slot car and 1:1 car racing in the Northeast.

Everyone here knows Ricky, and his love of attending any show running within driving distance. As a disabled person, his mobility issues require a special vehicle. His current transportation is old and dated, its days are numbered. Ricky's  condition has affected his ability to continue his famous "Driver Connection" driver sponsorship enterprise.

No government grants or assistance is available other than his personal disability benefits. Ricky is not "loaded" with cash. He requires the help of his friends and supporters, that know him, or not, to get this done. I am asking each of you loyal Slotblog folks to get behind this fundraising effort to help one of our own. Ricky needs us all at this time.

We spend a lot of money on slot car racing. Please cut back on one thing, and re-direct those funds to help Ricky out.

I thank you for your time and cooperation.

Rapid Rick's GoFundMe page

Rich Goucher
Bristol 1010 Speedway

• Cheater and triggerman like this
Rich Goucher

"I want to go like my grandfather, in his sleep. Not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

#3 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,927 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:51 PM

Bump.

Come on, folks. Skip that latte one day a week and throw a few bucks Rick's way. Please!

• Rich Goucher likes this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

Electric Dreams Online Shop