Photo

A few final Boola Bash Enduro reminders...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

Like always tech begins at 9 AM sharp. We have the F1 race to run following the Enduro so be ready and legal as we hope to get the race underway no later then 9:30 AM.  Everyone has done a great job the last 2 years keeping everything running smoothly and on time! Thanks!

As usual Concours placing will determine lane choice and as usual track calls will be at an absolute minimum. If several cars are off the track and on the floor but the marshalls can gather them up, NO track call. However if one car gets buried and cannot be found under the track, that is an obvious track call.  Under the bridge is also the usual track call.

As mentioned previously, we are adding 15 seconds to the normal 1 minute lane change and working on the cars will be allowed again during the changeover. A bit less hectic and better on a few tired old feet!

I have been asked again about drivers rotation and driving time for each driver and there is no rule concerning this. Each team will determine this as they see fit. 

If you are practicing with F1 or Can Am Saturday morning before the race, please give the Nascar racers priority on the track and simply move to another lane if asked.

It should be another interesting and fun race and weekend!  See you there!  :good:

• Tim Neja and Tim Wilkins like this

#2 eshorer

eshorer

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:43 PM

What time is BPR opening on Saturday? How many hours is the Enduro, or minutes per lane? Sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere.

Eddie

Eddie (not so Fast anymore) Shorer
Team Boola (circa the '60s)

#3 Tim Wilkins

Tim Wilkins

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

Sun-up to Sundown Eddie with no food, drinks or restroom breaks allowed  :laugh2:

Actually last year I believe they ran 16 heats of 12 minutes each but we'll wait for Bryan to check back and verify.

• eshorer likes this

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

#4 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:41 PM

What time is BPR opening on Saturday? How many hours is the Enduro, or minutes per lane? Sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere.

Eddie

Eddie,

Sorry, I didn't explain the duration and lane driving time this year!  Tim is right, the driving time per lane is 12 minutes so with each team running 16 heats (2 times through all 8 lanes) the actual time is 3 hours and 12 minutes.  We hope to be over at about 2 PM with F1 tech beginning at about 3 PM.

I think BPR plans to open at 7 AM on Saturday.  As mentioned elsewhere, there are no rules policing who drives which lane or for how long and if a drivers hand cramps up he can be replaced at any time by another driver to finish the heat.

• Tim Neja, eshorer and Tim Wilkins like this

#5 cookandbottlewasher

cookandbottlewasher

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:02 PM

Eddie,

Eddie will be here to open at 7 AM on Saturday and 8 AM to open on Sunday. 

Debby 

• eshorer and Tim Wilkins like this
Deborah Watterson
Buena Park Raceway
6161 Lincoln Ave
Buena Park, CA 90620
(714) 827-9979

#6 Mike Patterson

Mike Patterson

Village Luddite™

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:47 PM

... and if a drivers hand cramps up he can be replaced at any time by another driver to finish the heat.

12 minutes shouldn't be a problem. My hand doesn't start cramping until 15 minutes or so, and I'm as old as you guys! :D

My neighbors listen to heavy metal... whether they want to or not!!!

Electric Dreams Online Shop