Photo

Controllers compatible with Scalex Adv 6 Car Powerbase?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Steelhat

Steelhat

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:29 AM

I have had fun working with my new Scalextric Digital Advanced 6 Car Powerbase on my home course. 

First off - - I run it in the optional analog mode, through the "Platform" programming. I love it.

I purchased this powerbase, six controllers, digital LCD panel, and twin transformers (without track, cars) because I like the lap timing accuracy that this system provides. I use my own track and analog cars. 

The controllers feature the 2.5 mm two-conductor plug.

Question

Are their any quality after-market controllers that are compatible with this system?

I would like to try one of the trigger controllers with one or more fine-tuning dials.

Is the two-conductor plug the limiting factor?

Thanks!

Steelhat Hal

Hal Davidson

#2 Ramcatlarry

Ramcatlarry

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:27 AM

The 2.5mm two conductor (no brakes) is curious or digital related which might make it an issue.

I have found the Prof Motor controllers very sturdy and reliable for the homeset uses, but the whole digital thing is not my thing - analog only.  Our Chicago area six track club use the PM controllers exclusively. The current models are polarity sensitive transistor controllers with many options of operation.

Check the www,professormotor.com website for details, but the current model PMTR2113 could work, but it has a 3.5mm 3 conductor plug - with brakes for Scalex and Ninco sets.

If you are setting up a more permanent table, wiring diagrams and other useful information can be easily printed out from PDF files. 

Larry D. Kelley, MA
retired raceway owner... (for now)
race directing around Chicago-land

USRA 2017 member #404
USSCA  member

Host 2006 ISRA/USA
Great Lakes Slot Car Club member
60+ year pin Racing rail/slot cars in America

Electric Dreams Online Shop