6 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:01 PM

It's that time again with Christmas and New Years just around the corner and time to get ready for the 2018 Parma Checkpoint Cup at BPR!  The SCRRA is keeping the exact same schedule and format as last year with 5 Retro races over 3 days on the weekend of January 26 - 28, 2018.

On Friday, January 26 the opening race of the weekend will be Retro Anglewinder Coupe on the Flat track with tech inspection beginning at 9:30 AM.  As usual, F1 will follow also on the Flat track with tech approximately an hour after the end of the Coupe race.  The final race of the day will be Retro Pro on the King track with tech inspection beginning at about 6 PM.

Saturday, January 27 will feature Can Am on the King track and once again we will use the hand out JK Hawk Retro 7R7R motor format which we tried last year at the Checkpoint and Summer Western Classic and which most racers seem to favor for major races.  Again, a maximum of (3) marked and numbered motors may be purchased and racers must run the motors they were issued at sign up. BPR will open at 7 AM and tech will begin at about 10 AM to accommodate motor break in.  Since this is a major SCRRA event, bodies will be checked for thickness and weight and all bodies must weigh a minimum of 5.5 grams including interior. Any body found to be too light will be ballasted as necessary.

The final event of the Parma Checkpoint Cup will be F1 on the King track with tech inspection beginning at 10 AM. No hand out motors here and Can Am will be the only race of the weekend with the handout Hawks and all other races will use the normal SCRRA rules governing motors.

The SCRRA will make an announcement shortly concerning sponsors, etc and wishes everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and safe New Years and Holidays!  :good:

• Tex, Tim Neja, Jason Holmes and 2 others like this

#2 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:54 PM

Bryan,

I talked to Charlie Nelson the other day, and he is most certainly coming to the Checkpoint with Don Hasse. The move down south helps Charlie to do this, which is really great. He is looking forward to the Checkpoint and hopefully some monthly races as well.

Me, I'm looking forward to the flat track races on Fri. Maybe a Can-Am for the King. Can't wait.

Tom Eatherly

#3 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,483 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:49 PM

Always a great way to kick of the New Year!!  Racing at BPR!!  Looking forward to it!!

She's real fine, my 409!!!

#4 JimF

JimF

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:16 AM

Bryan,

I talked to Charlie Nelson the other day, and he is most certainly coming to the Checkpoint with Don Hasse. The move down south helps Charlie to do this, which is really great. He is looking forward to the Checkpoint and hopefully some monthly races as well.

Me, I'm looking forward to the flat track races on Fri. Maybe a Can-Am for the King. Can't wait.

Charlie moved out of Idaho? Awesome ............... :good: for him. That deepens the field and puts the podiums a little further out for most everyone I'm thinkin'.

• Tom Eatherly likes this
Jim Fowler

#5 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:55 PM

I hope to make it.

Al Thurman
"Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history, all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled, watered down, cheapened, repackaged, marketed, and sold to people you hate." Von Dutch [Kenneth R. Howard] 1929-1992
."If there is, in fact, a Heaven and a Hell, all we know for sure is that Hell will be a viciously overcrowded version of Pheonix." Dr Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005
"Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?" - Jack Kerouac 1927-1969
"Hold my stones". Keith Stone
My link

#6 kuni123456

kuni123456

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:52 PM

I plan to race both CanAm and F1.

John K. Wakamatsu

#7 Charlie Nelson

Charlie Nelson

builder/racer

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:58 PM

It is a complement to be thought of as competition. Now that I have moved to So./west Utah, it is a mere 6 hr. drive to BPR --even in Winter--without 4x4. I plan to 'show up'  for my driving and building lessons more regularly. "If you can't beat them, join them", After missing the last two chk. pnt. cups, we are looking forward to this one.

• Tim Neja, JimF, eshorer and 3 others like this

Electric Dreams Online Shop