JK takes another swipe at racers

313 replies to this topic

#301 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

I’m looking down the driver’s panel and sometimes I can’t see pass the next guy (fat).

So we should have biathlon events where in-between heats we have 3 mins to make 5 laps around the building. So now you need a fast motor and be in shape.

No... you have to make 5 laps around the building *before* you can return to the driver's panel. :shok:  With the condition of many of the racers I've seen, you better have the paramedics standing by...

Somewhere on the 'net, there's a video of people on stationary bikes providing the power for the car. Pedalling the bike proportionally fast and slow to make the car go fast and slow.... I could never find it again otherwise I'd post it here on Slotblog.

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

Posted Image

#302 swodem

swodem

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:53 AM

Dunno why people are paying crazy prices on eBay..

https://www.jkproduc.../8923-z8-5.html

#303 TG Racing

TG Racing

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:36 AM

This is just plain crazy!!!!!

• Matt Sheldon likes this
Thom Greene

#304 usadar

usadar

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

Dunno why people are paying crazy prices on eBay..

https://www.jkproduc.../8923-z8-5.html

Is this from the official web-store of JK Products?
https://www.jkproduc...en/new-products
5 R motors for $59.75?
1603877F-32E4-4ACF-869E-69DDD87A2FA0.png
  • Tim Neja likes this
Haruki Kan
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo on Facebook

Where do we go from here: chaos or community?

#305 Brinkley47

Brinkley47

A winner is a loser who gave it one more try

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:56 AM

I ordered some! I wonder how long they have been on the website.

They also have single motors available in case a person does not want to order 5.
Will Brinkley
willbrinkley@gmail.com

#306 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:19 AM

OK, you guys want RADICAL, here it is....

Change the body rules to allow bodies that were from the pre-aero era, maybe something like 1966-67 instead of 1969.  In addition do not allow any add on spoilers.  This approach would shift the emphasis away from the motor and to driving ability.  Yes, the motor would still be a significant factor and yes, most of the top guys will still be at the top, but that is because of their ability and not because of how many motors someone can buy.  In my opinion IRRA Retro Racing is getting dangerously close to becoming wing car racing without the wings, especially so on the punchbowl type tracks that many of the races are being run on.  Just my $0.02, YMMV. 

Pretty much like the SCRRA rules with low downforce bodies and an emphasis on chassis and driving performance........ :)

• Tim Neja and Rob Voska like this

#307 JK Products

JK Products

Mid-Pack Racer

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:22 AM

Just listed the motors yesterday. I gave Jerry a case of motors as compensation for some consulting work 2 years ago and I completely forgot about it. I honestly thought they were all gone. His non-compete didn't allow him to sell them until this year. He also can't sell them below list price so after putting them up on eBay, he asked me to sell them for him so I bought them back from Jerry and will sell them here. I have just over 200 motors. They are 100% factory fresh and original, never run, in bulk (not blister packed). 

• glueside and Tim Wilkins like this
Tim Homola
JK Products

#308 Racer36

Racer36

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:22 PM

I note that Tim is selling them at retail on his website even to people with an account, which is in keeping with the terms of the agreement Jerry had to abide by. Classy from where I sit.
  • NSwanberg, DOCinCocoa, glueside and 2 others like this

Dennis Dominey

Lifelong half-assed slot racer

#309 pmwslots

pmwslots

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

I race enough and I supply motors to about a dozen guys. If it is such a huge problem why are guys not sending junkers in for analysis as requested numerous times? How can a manufacturer determine if there is a problem without real evidence. Is he supposed to trust the statements of racers that may or may not be good enough to discern between a bad motor and crappy setup?

I looked through invoices last week and I have purchased 220 RH motors in the last 18 months. Of those one went up in smoke and the endbell "allegedly" fell off another. Is that grounds for screaming about a motor problem? I think not.

I race OCC and Penn-Ohio and I have not been short on motor yet. 

If there is such a problem then send Tim some hard evidence for him to work with.

Can you please message me?  i would like to ask you a couple things about buying ps fk4002 motors ?

Perry Walters

#310 Mattb

Mattb

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

I have to say that seeing the title of this thread bothers me, as there are few or no companies trying to do as much for slot racers as JK.   While I don't agree with all their policies, such as the direct to raceway experiment,  they were trying to do something positive.   Every time there is a new post that stupid title pops up.   I think we have a few disgruntled racers, but many more people with positive comments,   Just bugs me to see something negative  pop up for anybody that hits this forum.

• SlowBeas, tonyp, DOCinCocoa and 3 others like this
Matt Bishop

Vintage Cox Slot Cars

#311 Don Weaver

Don Weaver

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:30 PM

Matt, I totally agree with you.....

Don

• SlowBeas, tonyp and JK Products like this

Don Weaver
The supply of government exceeds demand.
L.H. Lapham

If the brain-eating amoeba invades Washington
it will starve to death...

#312 boxerdog

boxerdog

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

I have to say that seeing the title of this thread bothers me, as there are few or no companies trying to do as much for slot racers as JK.   While I don't agree with all their policies, such as the direct to raceway experiment,  they were trying to do something positive.   Every time there is a new post that stupid title pops up.   I think we have a few disgruntled racers, but many more people with positive comments,   Just bugs me to see something negative  pop up for anybody that hits this forum.

I'm with Matt 100%. While we don't race FKs too much, just stop for a minute and try to imagine your racing program without JK, or picture the displays at your favorite track without JK stuff. I don't know Tim, but I am pretty sure he could find more lucrative places to invest than slot racing parts. The least you can do is give him a little courtesy. We don't have many large scale vendors left, why chase them off?

• SlowBeas, JK Products and Jesse Gonzales like this
David Cummerow

#313 gotboostedvr6

gotboostedvr6

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Tim is a stand up guy in my book.

This is a niche hobby that has extremely demanding end users.  It not easy to keep us happy.

• DOCinCocoa, boxerdog, JK Products and 1 other like this

Those who work for a living are being quickly overwhelmed by those who vote for a living.

Thomas Jefferson: "Paper is poverty. It is only the ghost of money, and not money itself."
-David Parrotta

#314 Mike Patterson

Mike Patterson

Village Luddite™

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

It not easy to keep us happy.

We're supposed to be happy?

My neighbors listen to heavy metal... whether they want to or not!!!

Electric Dreams Online Shop