2 replies to this topic

#1 Waldo

Waldo

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:26 PM

Hi,

I bought a lot of slot stuff from a 78-year old man, who had no use for it anymore. Together with 54 slot car magazines it was a real bargain.

Maybe you can help me intentifying some of the old stuff I don't know. Unfortunately he drilled a lot of holes in some pans in order to reduce weight back in the days.

dsc01233qysxw.jpg

A lot of parts, some of them unused.

dsc012343ms9c.jpg

What is the Champion tool used for. (chassis building?) All motors turn well except the silver one in the middle. The motors on the right are "Fleischmann Auto Rallye" motors.

dsc01236oos7i.jpg

Are the small chassis both 1/32? One of them is really small. I hope I can replace some of the "lightened" pans. Is it easy to solder a nickel-plated chassis?

Greetings,

Walter 

Walter Baumann

#2 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

Walter, yes, the Champion tool is used for chassis building. They called it the Align-O-Jig. It still could be used (I have an old one.) but there are better chassis jigs available today.

The chassis in the middle of the bottom row is 1/32 scale.The others appear to be 1/24 to me.

The chassis on the complete car is steel rather than brass, but with enough heat you'll be able to solder it. Generally speaking, anything nickel-plated can be soldered, but there may be exceptions.

From your photos, it looks like you got a nice group of vintage parts.

Bill Fernald

My wife says I don't pay enough attention to her, or something like that.  :unknw:

#3 Don Weaver

Don Weaver

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

Good collection of some vintage parts. The two motors in the second picture (with orange endbells) are Champion "Orange Pickers."

Don

Don Weaver
The supply of government exceeds demand.
L.H. Lapham

If the brain-eating amoeba invades Washington
it will starve to death...

Electric Dreams Online Shop