6 replies to this topic

#1 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:53 PM

Steve and I got together this past Wednesday evening at The Race Place in Farmingdale NJ and ran some old Monogram slot cars. I've posted pics of Steve's collection of cars before but he has since added several more to the stable.

The '55 Chevy is reminiscent of Monogram's original issue Chevy kit released in the 1960's, all of the running gear including the tires is vintage era Monogram. The body is a more recent release of the "BADMAN" static kit, also by Monogram.

The cars in Steve's collection are built to run, as can be seen by that yellow streak you see, it's the '55 running at speed on the "big track" at The Race Place.

Attached Images

• DSCN7044.JPG
  • DSCN7047.JPG
  • DSCN7058.JPG

• eggsplurt and Tom Katsanis like this
Peter J. Linszky

C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club

#2 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

Peter, it looks like a lot of fun. What motor was powering this car, one of Monogram's? I notice another '55 body in the background of one photo. It appears as if someone is going to build some competition for this yellow '55.

Bill Fernald

My wife says I don't pay enough attention to her, or something like that.  :unknw:

#3 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

Bill,

I believe Monogram's red can 36D was in Steve's '55 Chevy.  The car in the background is mine, I hope to have it completed sometime soon !

Peter J. Linszky

C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club

#4 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

Great to see you last night Pete.....That was fun.....Glad to see you running them around a little....Yes, My cars are all bone stock...X-100’s and X-200’s......Just like they came out of the boxes in the 1960’s.....Except of course, the pick-ups and the ‘55 which are static issues........Brad from Professor Motor just sold me an original 1940 pick-up......And, we’ll be running that around too......I think you liked my Cox Chaparral and Lotus 40.....and the Brabham........I have the boxes/ instructions/decal-sheets for everything but the Mercedes.......Anybody who would like box-art color copies or copies of the instruction sheets or the decal sheets for these Monogram Slot Cars , just let me know......I don’t mind sharing the fun in these.......Steve....732-530-2061
Steve Drucker

#5 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:39 PM

P.S Pete......I dug out a pair of the correct 3/4 inch wheels you need........Theyll cost you a coffee.....☕
  • Pete L. likes this
Steve Drucker

#6 Mattb

Mattb

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

Not a favorite of mine as  runners, but I enjoy "having" the big Monogram cars in my collection.   All are built-ups, but at  one time I did have 4 MIB 55 Chevies.

4 55 kits.jpg

Glad you got the 40 Steve.

• Pete L. likes this
Matt Bishop

Vintage Cox Slot Cars

#7 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

I remember that picture Matt....It’s Cool!.........I run my stuff easy through the turns........And, Pete figured too not a good idea on all 8 lanes operating....Well noted........Do you have all of them?....
Steve Drucker

Electric Dreams Online Shop