• Pete L. and Mattb like this
Steve Drucker

#27 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:14 PM

A guy I ran across here in N.J. makes the decal sheets......Sells them on Ebay..........Coats them in a Pledge floor finish liquid that is fantastic!........Those are on the orange and blue trucks....one of the ‘34’s....and on the roof of the T-Bird.....The ‘56 is a molded Monogram car with old Russkit numbers and old original decal sheet stuff........my driver platforms are sheet styrene with OEM drivers leftover from Monogram cars......I try to keep them as if they were from the 1960’s.........How am I doing?....
  • Pete L. likes this
Steve Drucker

#28 satchmo

satchmo

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:59 PM

Steve,

Those cars look fantastic!

I especially like the 40 Ford Pickups...

I’ve just started my first conversion, a 34 Ford original issue maroon static kit that was nicely built. Removed body from the frame this afternoon and will use the professor motor mounts. Looks like it should be fairly straightforward.

PS: Nice T-jet collection! I share that affectation, too.
Jim Satchfield

#29 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:10 AM

Thank You Jim......I’ve always enjoyed modeling.......These cars are a lot of fun....The re-issues are everywhere and with Professor Motor mounts it makes it easier......I’ll post pictures of my modified mounts for the ‘40 Ford Pick-Up.....Fronts and rears from the PM ‘36 Ford........I have the burgundy ‘34 Ford too......Cool you’re doing one........!!.....
Steve Drucker

#30 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:43 PM

Great day at The Race Place.....Myself, Jack, and Ed ran a lot of stuff......The place was packed!.....All 3 tracks.....It was not a good idea to run your vintage stuff....Of which, I did very limited......EBAY coughed up a 20 year or so ago build of a crimson Coronet R/T....$8.00 and it’s beautiful......I mount the old model car bodies on old Flexi-1’s with Mura Group 12’s......Fast!...And like Giant T-Jets......
Steve Drucker

Electric Dreams Online Shop