• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gotboostedvr6

gotboostedvr6

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:17 PM

My Shore 00 durometer failed on me and I'd like to replace it. What scale do you use and why? What scale do slot racers typically use?

For the new racers or unfamiliar:

Durometer is one of several measures of the hardness of a material. ... Hardness defined as a material's resistance to indentation.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. - Ronald Regan #40 (1911 - 2004)

David Parrotta

#2 Samiam

Samiam

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

Here is a previous thread on the subject....

http://slotblog.net/...e-a-vs-shore-o/

Sam Levitch

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters, and if you do not have integrity, nothing else matters."
     Robert Mueller, special counsel (2013)

#3 gotboostedvr6

gotboostedvr6

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

Looking for more information then that thread provided.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. - Ronald Regan #40 (1911 - 2004)

David Parrotta

#4 zipper

zipper

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:18 AM

All you need is there. The figures are meaningful just to compare with the same durometer and probably the same person to do the measure. The figures also vary wildly due to rim size/rubber thickness. But most durometers I've seen are Shore A - like mine.

• Tim Neja likes this
Pekka Sippola

#5 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

My Shore 00 durometer failed on me and I'd like to replace it. What scale do you use and why? What scale do slot racers typically use?

For the new racers or unfamiliar:

Durometer is one of several measures of the hardness of a material. ... Hardness defined as a material's resistance to indentation.

Is this what you're looking for? The different scale ranges?

Durometer Scale

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

Posted Image

Electric Dreams Online Shop