• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MG Brown

MG Brown

Grand Champion Poster

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts
  • Location:The Land of Lincoln, where governors make the license plates.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:40 AM

Slot%2BCar%2BInc%2BLogo.jpg
Slot Car Inc.
215 South State Street (M-40)
Across from Klassic Arcade
Gobles, MI 49055

Slot%2BCar%2BInc%2BFlat%2BTrack.jpg

Gerding-built 135' Flat Track 
(formerly at Keystone Raceway)

Slot%2BCar%2BInc%2BDragstrip.jpg

Scale ¼ Mile Drag Strip

Slot%2BCar%2BInc%2BDragstrip%2BPanel.jpg

It was a great opening day of drag racing January 27, 2018 at Slot Car Inc. Gobles MI. 

This was the first organized slot car drag race held in southwestern Michigan in over four years.

There were a total of 146 paid entries. 82 cars in bracket and the rest were in the Index Classes. 

Next race date Sunday, Feb 4; gates open at 9 AM first round at 11 AM. Bracket class, 990, 1090, 1190 index classes. Racers and spectators are all welcome.

• Rob Voska, Matt Sheldon, Samiam and 2 others like this

"I'm just here for the entertainment." George Carlin

#2 Rob Voska

Rob Voska

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 06:33 PM

Great to see another track opening up no matter where it's located.  :good:   Best of luck guys.

#3 Matt Bruce

Matt Bruce

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:50 PM

Greg Gilbert won 32 Euro and 24 Eurosport @ the USRA Nats held in Phila back in 05 or 06 on that flat. Must have added some more straight to the original design. I remember it being only like 90 ft or so back then. Quick and fun little track.
  • Rob Voska and Frankie Schaffier like this

#4 jasburrito

jasburrito

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:14 PM

Great to hear there's a track. My buddy's and I wanna come check it out. We have some 1/24 cars and controllers. Are tires are prob dried out though. Are cars are mostly wing cars. Some from proslot in lowell. Would we be able to race the hill climb and drag race with our cars. We use to just race the fastest cars we could get on lightning speedway in my garage. Are tires availbe there. Do you guys run glue. Any tips or advice. Show up Sunday at 9? Huge thanks.
Jason Swint

#5 Samiam

Samiam

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:47 AM

Jason,

Your wing cars are not going to be too good on the flat track. I don't think they'll make good dragsters either. I'm sure the track will have what you need to run either track.

Sam Levitch

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters, and if you do not have integrity, nothing else matters."
     Robert Mueller, special counsel (2013)

#6 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:22 AM

I ran a friend's  Grp. 27 wing car when we had the local trioval. It drove pretty well. I don't recall running the car on the flat track that replaced it. Last I knew, this flat track was for sale in NV.

Bill Fernald

"I'm not short, I'm just down to earth."

#7 jasburrito

jasburrito

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:44 AM

Thanks for the fast response. Sounds fun. Proslot is no longer in lowell. They sold it. Dan was super cool when i went there. His knowledge and wisdom is unreal. He had every part. I just got to ask what could be faster than a wing car on that track? Hope to be there with my son mitch in the next few weeks. (Question from Dan to me) are you in the car yet? But whatever. Thanks again. Update. I found my slot car stuff. Looks like I gave a lot of it away with track ( gave it to John at battle front. He gave it to someone else. )looks like I have 1 defalco controller and a 4 ohm. I have a few womps. A flexi 2. J/k flexi. Proslot group 12 rtr. And a few homemade tube style chassis from 70s 80 90s? Not sure. There are some painted lexan body's. I was thinking to get started. Mounting the scale looking car body's on the flexi chassis and using them for drag racing? Is that kinda feasable I have never drag raced slot cars. Just wanna be able to race. Also is there a schedule of days times. Hate to make the drive and it's closed. Thanks.
Jason Swint

#8 Frankie Schaffier

Frankie Schaffier

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

Great to see another track opening up no matter where it's located.  :good:   Best of luck guys.

Rob, put this track on the race schedule for next years Great Lake ISRA races.. It's about 3 1/2 hours for you, maybe a bit less.. And would be 2 hours and 45 mins from Naperville, which is less then what you drive for every race going to Chicago. Surly all the racers from the Chicago area would make the drive like you do, right?
Frankie
Professional Track Wall Tester.
Rob Voska's only friend.
OS Bodies
CHR Cars

Electric Dreams Online Shop