No replies to this topic

#1 dalek

dalek

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:01 AM

I think it would be a good idea to have a 30-second drivers meeting, so to speak, at the beginning of the first race of the day when drivers and drivers acting as turn marshals are all in place and it's easy to get everyone's attention.

At that time, I would remind everyone that marking your car during lane changes is not optional.

Mark the car's position accurately, and replace the car no further down the track than where it stopped.  In other words, when you put the car back on the track, don't give it a shove and have it end up half a foot further than where it stopped.

When you are a turn marshal and retrieve a car for a driver, you must mark the car's position using anything you have in your pocket, or the lane sticker that's on the car.

For those who weren't at the FSCS race this past Saturday, in one race I finished only about 6 inches ahead of Doc, which gave me 3rd place and Doc 4th.  If I was a driver that didn't mark his car, like at least one driver was doing, or routinely fudged when I put my car back on the track, losing the 3rd place could have been very frustrating to Doc, and rightly so.

• Wizard Of Iz, Tim Neja, Rick Crutchfield and 3 others like this
Dale King

Home Raceway

Electric Dreams Online Shop