#1 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:46 PM

Fellas,

The March meeting of the C.A.R.S. Club will be held at THE RACE PLACE Rt. 33 W Farmingdale N.J. at 7:30 PM. This month's theme, "M" for the month of MARCH, slot car affiliated stuff...fifty years ago this month MODEL CAR SCIENCE Magazine. 

On the cover is Roger McCluskey in the G.C. Murphy Special, a GURNEY Eagle. Shown at  the 1967 REX MAYS 300 Riverside Calif. won by DAN GURNEY in his Eagle #48. Shown below is my factory painted Eagle with I believe is a Ferret chassis and vintage 16D power. 

Attached Images

• March 1968 (2).jpg
  • DSCN5699.JPG

• Jencar17 likes this
Peter J. Linszky

C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club

#2 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

B.U.M.P.

Peter J. Linszky

#3 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:28 PM

Pete, what is the "A 1/24 Scale Winning Chassis" indicated on the cover? I had that issue of MCS, but no longer do.

Bill Fernald

"I'm not short, I'm just down to earth."

#4 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:03 PM

Fellas,

Some pics from March's meeting of the C.A.R.S. club, the theme being "M" for March. Slot cars and stuff associated with the letter "M"...

First up are Rodney's entries for what we'll call "the March Meet" which I always thought was a cool title for an event, so I stole it for old times sake !

The top pic show Mercedes', McLarens, as well as a mini and a couple of Mercurys.

A closer look at the McLarens that are just as fast as their 1:1 counterparts !

A Mini Tiger cub and the Maserati.

Finally, on the top right, Rodney's  copper and red "Mirage" .

Attached Images

• DSCN7163.JPG
  • DSCN7165.JPG
  • DSCN7169.JPG

• Jencar17 likes this
Peter J. Linszky

#5 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

Fellas,

An aerial view of some of Steve's clutch of Monogram hard bodied cars many of which are true "survivors" of the golden age.

This emerald beauty is presently under restoration and will soon be joining the rest of the coupes in Steve's collection, it sports 50+ year old paint !

Although not Monogram, the yet to be completed metalflake gold Willys pick-up is a Model car body and sports a full sidewinder    chassis!

I'd love to get some of these beauties out to a drag strip, even a scale 1/8 would be cool !

Attached Images

• DSCN7160.JPG
  • DSCN7148.JPG
  • DSCN7149.JPG

• Jencar17, Joe Mig and Mattb like this
Peter J. Linszky

#6 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:37 PM

In keeping with the "M" theme, Mikey brought along some of his collection including some 1/32 scale goodies. The 1/32 cars get around the track a decent clip and in my estimation they take a good bit of driving skill to keep their shiny side up !

In 1/24 we have Mikey's Kellison GT and the red Rodger Penske ZEREX Spl.

A pair of Cobras both in 1/32 one recent build and one not quite so recent, probably the 1960's...

What looks to me to be the latest addition to the fleet is this sweet looking Lola GT, again in 1/32. Those Monogram wheels add tremendously to the period look of these cars !

Attached Images

• DSCN7150.JPG
  • DSCN7151.JPG
  • DSCN7153.JPG

• Jencar17 and Joe Mig like this
Peter J. Linszky

#7 Joe Mig

Joe Mig

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:48 PM

Great to see you guys are still going strong.
  • Pete L. likes this
Joseph Migliaccio. Karma it's a wonderful thing.

"Drive it like you're in it!!!"

"If everything feels under control... you are not going fast enough!"

Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

#8 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:49 PM

Lastly, my own stuff... nothing that hasn't been seen here before.  The top photo from the right shows the 1/32 Maserati F250 on a CLASSIS chassis with CLASSIC 16D power.

The MAKO Shark show car on a Rannali chassis with big can power.

The John MECOM team Corvette complete with the now rare Revell Halibrand wheels, also big can powered.

Finally the Dynamic chassied BRG Vanwall that on the British Gran Prix with Stirling MOSS behind the wheel.

I've taken more photos of late and I'm building a reserve of pics to show during the slower summer season and possibly take some in depth looks at what makes the cars tic. Many of the cars in our club exhibit straight forward 1960's parts, construction and techniques, however some of the cars are truly works of engineering marvel and are indeed pushing the envelope as far as building style and resources.  Stay tuned !

Attached Images

• DSCN7157.JPG
  • DSCN5699.JPG

• Jencar17 and Samiam like this
Peter J. Linszky

#9 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:48 AM

Good Time last night!.........You guys had some nice stuff......It was cool to see Pete and Mike run their ...I believe.....Daytona Coupes.....They were pretty nice, sporting Pete’s paint jobs......And, I really like Rodney’s Talledega Torino.......I have in my midst an original MPC Charger.....I met a guy down at The Race Place last week and he said he found it in the garbage....Along with 3 or 4 other old slot cars....Incredible!.....I only have it to go take it apart and put it back into running condition.......It runs fantastic and I have it all squared away........Really nice condition!........Giving it back to the owner on Sunday morning at the track........He owes me a coffee!.....
  • Pete L. and Samiam like this
Steve Drucker

#10 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:46 PM

Going to build a Monogram Rommels Rod next......Mounted up on an original Monogram Chassis...........The front wheels are easy......The rears will be hidden in and behind the tracks......No different than the Monogram Mercedes......It’ll be Cool!......Stay tuned.....
Steve Drucker

#11 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

We like to feature photos of the evening's events so that others can enjoy some of the vintage cars we run. We'll also try to show some "rare" slot cars running on the track, I'm looking into utilizing some sort of video to show these oldies ( the cars) in action ...

Attached Images

• DSCN5698.JPG
  • DSCN5101.JPG

Peter J. Linszky

#12 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:44 PM

I'd like to see chassis of the last two too. :)

Bill Fernald

"I'm not short, I'm just down to earth."

#13 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:55 PM

Bill,

The Eagle is a ready- to- run I got off ebay and did a semi restoration. I'll try to get some pics of the Ferrari chassis this week.

Attached Images

• DSCN4649.JPG

Peter J. Linszky

#14 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:01 AM

Hoping to be around for the April CARS meeting........Picked up an original 1963 Monogram ‘55 Chevy that somebody painted purple 50 years ago.........Incredible how nice considering it was a “Brush-Job”.........Decaled up in re-pop decals from Tom here in N.J.......It pre-empted Rommel but, he is on the list...........Also picked up a beautiful build of an OEM 1966 BatMobile.........Thinking it’s too nice to take apart........I don’t know.......
Steve Drucker

Electric Dreams Online Shop