• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SlowBeas

Troublesome De-slotter

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:14 AM

The holiday season threw a monkey wrench or two into our racing plans, so our February race was the first in a few months. Although we try to gather weekly for some practice and general "bench racing," I know that I -- for one -- felt a bit rusty. The results showed it. First of all, the gang present for the day's bloodletting:

The Gang.jpg

David Erickson, Dan Parker, Richard Sylvester (The Doghouse proprietor) and Jim Beasley

Conspicuously absent on this Saturday were Don Weaver and Bob Arneson. Jay Pittman was traveling again, as usual. Maybe the guys can join us in March.

The layoff took no toll on David, whose car handled impeccably and his lap times were faster than anything that anyone else could match. In fact, he set new lap records in all four lanes for our 4-second breakout race. He's the winner of the February matches:

If you're not familiar with the concept of Jail Door slot cars, they can be a load of fun. While not the fastest thing you'll ever put on the track due to their style of construction, we place limitations on the types of motors and bodies to keep the racing relatively even. Here's one masterpiece that Don Weaver created for me:

JBs jail door.jpg

In March, we might try (again) to have our two-hour enduro race with our jail doors. Only time will tell if that pans out. If not, we'll find something else to use to waste hours on another Saturday.

Enjoy your racing. I know we do.

• mjsh, airhead and Eddie Fleming like this
Jim Beasley
South Carolina, USA

"Assuming either the Left Wing or the Right Wing gained control of the country, it would probably fly around in circles."
- Pat Paulsen, 1968
"I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol."
- Steven Wright ca. 1983

#2 Don Weaver

Don Weaver

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:26 PM

Way to go, David!  Your first win at "The Doghouse" IIRC.....

Don Weaver

​A slot car racer who never grew up!

The supply of government exceeds demand.
L.H. Lapham
If the brain-eating amoeba invades Washington
it will starve to death...

Electric Dreams Online Shop