• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eshorer

eshorer

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

Farrout Slot Car Racing comes to Eddie Shorer's King Mini Boola Raceway this Saturday, March 3. It looks like it will be tolerable weather.
Track open at 11 AM, racing at noon. Loaner cars available. 
Two races (as always, magnets only on the refrigerator). Ortmann tires mandatory in both classes. OK to change braid.

• Fly ’70s/‘80s Le Mans: Stock motor. Sidewinder. Ortmann tires only. Weight may be added.
  • Slot.it Group C: Stock motor (white, orange, or dark orange endbell). Inline. No other changes than those stated.

No changes to cars other than those stated. If any questions, ask away.

$10. for racing and consumable goodies. $5 for loaner cars (waived for new racers).

Located up in the hills four miles northeast of downtown Los Angeles, in Montecito Heights.

I will also be around most of the week, so if you want to come by to run some laps, let me know. 

Please RSVP in a PM here so I can prepare (it really helps to know if you’re coming), and I'll get the address, directions and contact info to you.

Farrout website: www.farroutslotcars.com
Farrout discussion board: http://groups.yahoo....arroutslotcars/
Facebook: https://www.facebook...74024259632298/

Let's race!!!

Eddie

IMG_5310.JPG

• airhead and C. J. Bupgoo like this
Eddie (not so Fast anymore) Shorer
Team Boola (circa the '60s)

#2 idare2bdul

idare2bdul

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:13 PM

I'm green with envy!

The light at the end of the tunnel is almost always a train.
Mike Boemker

#3 eshorer

eshorer

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:23 PM

RACE RESULTS:  We had 20, and even after putting temporary overhanging awnings on the deck to keep any rain off, they weren't needed because it STOPPED RAINING and the sun came out for much of the race. I got a birthday present of two wins (home track advantage), Marco Carvalho was 2nd, and Thomas Lauffenberger was 3rd, in both races. AND Julie Monroe stopped by with a bunch of chocolate cupcakes (Thanks, Julie!) even though she didn't race. Jae Henri came up from Chula Vista, and Jim Lane from Long Beach. A fun time was had by all. Thanks to Richard Rodriguez for all of the help with the deck stuff, and Christophe Deluy for help getting the track open.

Eddie

The view from above the deck above the track on race day:

Attached Images

• 28577133_1830607753630756_153398575298899441_n.jpg

Eddie (not so Fast anymore) Shorer
Team Boola (circa the '60s)

Electric Dreams Online Shop