3 replies to this topic

#1 Racer36

Racer36

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:50 AM

I want to give a shout out to Fantasy Raceway in Rochester. I have raced there on and off for about eight or nine years and it was not always the greatest place to be. It has undergone quite a transformation recently with a new owner, a facelift, and a purge of some of the "dead wood."

One racer in particular was a cancer to the place and they have given him the boot. He shall remain nameless, but actually went by a few names...

At any rate, it is now a great place to race, with good clean competition and friendly racers. We had a terrific race on Saturday with only about five laps separating the top three finishers. I look forward to many more races there, including a Tri-State Summer Series race this year.

Big congrats to Jeff Eve and crew!

• kvanpelt, Dan Ebert, Matt Sheldon and 1 other like this

Dennis Dominey

Lifelong half-assed slot racer

#2 Samiam

Samiam

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

One racer in particular was a cancer to the place and they have given him the boot.(bye bye :bye:)  He shall remain nameless, but actually went by a few names...

:rofl: 

I have a few names for him but due to Slotblog's Terms of Use, will not be posted.
  • kvanpelt and Racer36 like this
Sam Levitch

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters, and if you do not have integrity, nothing else matters."
     Robert Mueller, special counsel (2013)

#3 Arne Saknussem

Arne Saknussem

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

I want to give a shout out to Fantasy Raceway in Rochester. I have raced there on and off for about eight or nine years and it was not always the greatest place to be. It has undergone quite a transformation recently with a new owner, a facelift, and a purge of some of the "dead wood."

By "dead wood" do you refer to the many and varied artifacts that took up what could have been pit space?  I was there as well (I think you may have seen me a time or two) and must say that the available standing room was "different", and I mean that in a positive sense.

Rodger Hoffman (retired proprietor of Fantasy Raceways) was in attendance and should be congratulated for keeping the hobby going in the Rochester area for 35 years.

• Racer36 and Samiam like this

Pete Varlan

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

#4 Racer36

Racer36

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:35 PM

By dead wood I really was referring to one particular pile of scrap lumber, who shall remain nameless.
Rodger absolutely deserves kudos for keeping slot racing alive in Rochester . It was nice to see him Saturday. He seemed very relaxed and is obviously enjoying his retirement.
  • Samiam likes this

Dennis Dominey

Lifelong half-assed slot racer

Electric Dreams Online Shop