No replies to this topic

#1 Jim Webb

Jim Webb

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:31 PM

Hello all.

I don't get around slots much here in Minneapolis, but I do often think of the gang at Chicagoland and about racing. Sometimes something seemingly unrelated to slot car racing will make a bulb light up over my head. This light is one of those things.

Five brightness levels, three color temperature settings (warm, cool, daylight), three-speed bladeless fan, and  two 2.1 amp USB ports. The neck is fully flexible and long enough that the base is out of the work area. The first one I got had a "buzzy" fan mechanism - Costco exchanged without question. The replacement, especially on low, is quiet. No mechanical noise to speak of.

I use this for stained glass work. The light is excellent and the fan, while not a fume trap, does a good job of dissipating solder fumes before I breathe them in. $30 in-store, $40 including shipping online. Someone awhile back suffered horribly from long term inhalation of solder fumes - this might be a good way to avoid that fate and have a well-lighted workspace as a bonus.

Take good care!

Jim

IMG_1228.JPG

IMG_1229.JPG

IMG_1230.JPG

• Cheater, Pappy, triggerman and 7 others like this

Electric Dreams Online Shop