10 replies to this topic

#1 NHRacer

NHRacer

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

Hi Everyone,

If anyone has a track for sale or has any leads on a track for sale in the New England area please contact me. Ideally looking for something mid-sized or on the smaller side that would fit in a garage or basement but might be open to anything.

I'll be watching this posting and can also be reached at lessardc85@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Chris
  • Ray Lee likes this
Chris Lessard

#2 Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:29 PM

You might look into Hudson Valley Raceway. I hear they closed down.

#3 Half Fast

Half Fast

Keeper Of Odd Knowledge

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:00 PM

The HVR King will not fit in anyone's garage unless you are Roger Penske!

Cheers

• Samiam likes this

Bill Botjer

Faster then, wiser now.

The most dangerous form of ignorance is not knowing that you don't know anything!

#4 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,172 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:27 PM

Chris, the Need for Speed hillclimb is stored in Pawtucket, RI. I don't know if the current owners would want to sell it. Last I knew, the Grandi family owned it. Their son, James Grandi, who raced NECC, sometimes posts on here. You could send him a PM asking if it was available.

Bill Fernald

Do vegetarians eat animal crackers? :rolleyes:

#5 NHRacer

NHRacer

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:13 PM

Chris, the Need for Speed hillclimb is stored in Pawtucket, RI. I don't know if the current owners would want to sell it. Last I knew, the Grandi family owned it. Their son, James Grandi, who raced NECC, sometimes posts on here. You could send him a PM asking if it was available.

That would be quite the find Bill! When I first started racing at Queen City I had a hard time with that track but grew to love it. I'll try to reach out to him. Do you have any idea if its being used or just stored?

Chris Lessard

#6 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,172 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:39 PM

Chris, the last I heard, it was being stored, but that was 2 or 3 years ago. They might also have the former Merrimac, MA hillclimb which was a bit longer. That one was in Merrimack, NH for a short time before it went to MA. Dom Luongo is still big into slot cars. He might know about other tracks. He posts on here as "Dominator".

Bill Fernald

Do vegetarians eat animal crackers? :rolleyes:

#7 Dominator

Dominator

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:50 PM

Hey Chris, good to see you are getting the itch again. There is a UK Black (flat track) for sale in Maine that belonged to Lou Pirro. Not exactly sure on the foot print, 18 x 10 maybe? Google will.probably have a better answer for you. You can reach out to Hank Gagnon at Fast Laps. There contact info is on Facebook.

There are also 1 or 2 hillclimbs in Maine that's might be available buy these might be bigger than what you are looking for. You can contact Bill at Auburn Raceway about these.

There was a hillclimb in CT, about a month or so ago, for sale. Can't remember if I saw it on here or Facebook but I'll look more tomorrow.

We have a RETRO race this Saturday at Modelville if you are interested. I'll set you up with cars.
  • Samiam likes this

A motor is only as fast as the chassis it's in.

Dominic Luongo

Like Dominator Custom Chassis on Facebook

NERR photos from 2012-April 2016
NERR photos from 2016 to now

#8 Dominator

Dominator

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:08 PM

Found the CT track here. I think on Facebook he was willing to part with the track seperately but not 100% sure.

http://slotblog.net/...ct/#entry705573

Dominic Luongo

#9 NHRacer

NHRacer

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:44 PM

Hey Chris, good to see you are getting the itch again. There is a UK Black (flat track) for sale in Maine that belonged to Lou Pirro. Not exactly sure on the foot print, 18 x 10 maybe? Google will.probably have a better answer for you. You can reach out to Hank Gagnon at Fast Laps. There contact info is on Facebook.

There are also 1 or 2 hillclimbs in Maine that's might be available buy these might be bigger than what you are looking for. You can contact Bill at Auburn Raceway about these.

There was a hillclimb in CT, about a month or so ago, for sale. Can't remember if I saw it on here or Facebook but I'll look more tomorrow.

We have a RETRO race this Saturday at Modelville if you are interested. I'll set you up with cars.

Hi Dom,

My dad and I are definitely getting the itch again and thought it would be cool to pick up a track. I did see the post for the hillclimb in CT. I didn't see any phone number listed in the post so I reached out to the owner via this sites messenger on Tuesday but haven't heard anything back. Bill Fernald also gave me a tip on who to contact about Need For Speeds old hillclimb possibly being available. I reached out to them on messenger as well but don't anticipate on hearing anything soon as it looks like that individual hasn't been active with the site since last summer. If you come across anything please keep me in mind. 

What time on Saturday? I have a family event that runs late in the afternoon into the evening. If its early enough I wouldn't mind brushing the rust off. 

Chris

Chris Lessard

#10 Dominator

Dominator

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:39 PM

Hey Chris, track opens at 7 with tech for the first class at 9:30. Qualifying will start just after 10 and the race should be over by 1-1:30 easily. The 2nd class will start an hour after the first class is completed.

If I can get a hold of James Grandi I'll let you know.

Dominic Luongo

#11 dougefresh

dougefresh

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:41 PM

Sent you message,and email. Thx. Doug.

Doug Galiatos