• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Bremer

Dan Bremer

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:06 PM

North Dakota has at least 1 slot car raceway,Aris Race and Hobby, 117 1st.Ave.S.(downtown)Jamestown,ND. (701)212-4516,has 2 lane 1/24 tracks.More info/photos on Facebook,etc. West Virginia has Grand Prix Raceway at #3 Barncord Street,Ridgeley,WV. 26753,(301)876-5730. Ridgeley WV. is near Cumberland,Maryland. The slot car track is a 1960s American Model Raceways hillclimb with the criss-cross. Midway International Rcway is located in Midway,WV. (note:Midway is NOT on most maps,in Raleigh county ,near Beckley. (304)890-5510. Tracks: 60s American orange and Dapron-built hillclimb.

#2 zipper

zipper

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:55 PM

No probs to find Midway: 1076 Midway Rd
Midway, West Virginia 25878 https://www.facebook.com/midwayracing/

Pekka Sippola

#3 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,921 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:31 PM

No problem to find Midway in Slotblogs Raceway List either. It flummoxes why seemingly so few bother to look there.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#4 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 22,921 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:50 PM

As for the North Dakota raceways, I believe Aris was listed at one time, but my memory isnt what it used to be. When I get back home, ill attempt to fill in the blanks.

Riddle me this: Ive beat my head against brick walls for over a decade to try to create and maintain accurate and comprehensive commercial and club raceway lists. Can some explain to me this effort is so unimportant to the vast majority of participants in our hobby? There are a small number of people who get it and help as best they can, but most ignore it entirely,

Ive posted repeatedly pleading and begging for racers, raceway owners, distributors, manufacturers, etc., to assist with this effort, which I feel is critically important, but maybe 95 per cent dont give a green.... you can fill in the blank.

Call me incredibly frustrated if you want; that would be accurate.
  • NSwanberg, Mattb and Samiam like this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#5 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 9,080 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:28 PM

Too many individuals involved in slots fail to look beyond their own four walls. Walls can wall things in & they can wall things out. :yes3:

Bill Fernald

How old should a highway be before you tell it, that it has been adopted?

#6 NSwanberg

NSwanberg

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:53 AM

Does anybody else think it would be a good idea to have slot car raceway owners association? :dash2:  :sarcastic_hand:

Remember the Steube bar!
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL RACEWAY!!
"The denial of denial is the first sign of denial." Hank, from Corner Gas
Nelson Swanberg

Peace be with all of us and good racing for the rest of us.
Have controller. Will travel. Slot Car Heaven

#7 Mattb

Mattb

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:41 PM

Slot car track owners communicate and  try to work together!!!!!

Matt Bishop

Vintage Cox Slot Cars

#8 jimht

jimht

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

Raceways that deal only with their local area might not see much value in the Directory; they probably have very few folks walking through their doors asking them whether there's a Raceway somewhere else.

I on  the other hand deal constantly with people from all over and if they had fun playing with the rentals I look at the Directory and point them to a Raceway back home.

I also hand them my double time, 2-4-1 or merchandise discount coupons and tell them they can redeem them at their local raceway.  :D

I think the essential issue is that many raceways put all their focus on racing and selling cars and neglect the dollar value of the casual customer that doesn't buy a car but will return over and over to just play...and of course that may lead to a sale and a new racer eventually.

The real flaw in the directory is that most everyone that knows about it probably doesn't need it.

• tonyp likes this

Jim Honeycutt

"I don't think I'm ever more 'aware' than I am right after I hit my thumb with a hammer." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

#9 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 22,921 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:13 AM

So. Jim, do you thinnk I am just wasting my time trying to maintain a decent list of comemrcial raceways in the US?

I have been seriously considering deleting the whole thing for several months.

Gregory Wells

#10 Ramcatlarry

Ramcatlarry

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:46 AM

I vote keep it alive and functioning.  A list of this National level shows that the hobby is not just a once in a lifetime specialty store. Curious readers who may have never seen a slot car need to be aware of the raceways.  The yellow pages never knew where to list us.

• Cheater likes this

Larry D. Kelley, MA
retired raceway owner... (for now)
race directing around Chicago-land

USRA 2017 member #404
USSCA  member

Host 2006 ISRA/USA
Great Lakes Slot Car Club member
60+ year pin Racing rail/slot cars in America

Electric Dreams Online Shop