4 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Bremer

Dan Bremer

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:10 PM

Open! Open! Still open!  

Yes, while it's always been listed as a "club," the Penrose Raceway, Sterling, IL, is still open to the public.

For details, call owner Larry Reaver at (815)716-3222. Located at 39 Palmyra Rd (at his home). See Facebook: Penrose Slot Car Raceway, Sterling, IL.

The tracks are now an oval and the dragstrip that you'll see on Facebook. The large eight-lane Hillclimb was sold to the new Logan Ave Slot Car Raceway in Belvidere, IL.

#2 MG Brown

MG Brown

Grand Champion Poster

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,721 posts
  • Location:The Land of Lincoln, where governors make the license plates.

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:14 PM

OK, you asked for it. LOL.

"I'm just here for the entertainment." George Carlin

#3 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 22,713 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:31 AM

Just curious, what good does it do to point racers to Penrose's Facebook page when it hasn't had a single post in over five years?

• David Reed likes this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#4 Dan Bremer

Dan Bremer

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:50 PM

Penrose Raceway, Sterling, IL, wasn't himself "pointed" to putting raceway info on your Slotblog or anywhere.... was my idea. With recent low racer turn-out and owning raceway 14 years the Hillclimb was recently sold to Belvidere ,IL. raceway, being replaced by an oval.

I was expecting him closing the doors for good any time.... hope he stays open. The western half of IL is lucky to have Speedville Raceway in Bartonville, I,. now (Peoria) and WISCRS still going strong in rural Gladstone, IL, both on your fine raceway directory. 

Dan Bremer

#5 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 22,713 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 05:19 PM

Dan,

I did realize it was you who said: "See Facebook: Penrose Slot Car Raceway, Sterling, IL."

Just thought it was not worth doing that because of the negative impression it might give.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

Electric Dreams Online Shop