5 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Reece

Rick Reece

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Subscriber
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:21 PM

Looking for eight-lane track, 100' plus in run length. I'm in Arizona so closer the better. Starting slot car business here so an option on inventory would be a plus. 

Thanks.

Richard Wilson

#2 Dan Bremer

Dan Bremer

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:52 PM

I am a champ at finding tracks for sale during my wkend travels and racing,etc. Not making any $ here,just want to keep hobby going and keeping tracks from being destroyed.In your part of the US I think a good track deal would be an Ogilvie-built 8 lane 155' hillclimb (in storage) located in Lewiston,Idaho priced $1,000. I don't have name & phone at the moment,if any interest call me (309) 685-3582,(phone has no text or voice mail) for details,Dan Bremer,Peoria,Illinois.If I'm not home try again later. I really hope you'll own the raceway building or bargain rent...not much $ in the slot biz.

#3 Rick Reece

Rick Reece

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Subscriber
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:21 PM

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply.  My son lives in Idaho Falls could make the trip a little easier to make.  Still working on space for the tracks (looking for 2).  Not looking to get rich, just trying to bring some recreation, something different to the town. Way to much video games and crap.  Thanks 

Richard Wilson

#4 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,956 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:11 PM

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply.  My son lives in Idaho Falls could make the trip a little easier to make.  Still working on space for the tracks (looking for 2).  Not looking to get rich, just trying to bring some recreation, something different to the town. Way to much video games and crap.  Thanks 

Take a page out of Jim Honeycutt's(Magnatech Raceway in San Antonio) business model and have a video game or two in a back corner... they can go a long way towards keeping the lights on.

Richard L. Hofer

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.

#5 Rick Reece

Rick Reece

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Subscriber
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:55 PM

Hey Tex,  your right every little bit helps.  Just saying the young group needs to experience a little more than games on a tv.   

• Tex likes this
Richard Wilson

#6 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,956 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

Hey Tex,  your right every little bit helps.  Just saying the young group needs to experience a little more than games on a tv.   

Gotcha... I agree. But you might need to strike a balance between the old & new. Priority one is to keep the shop open; if it takes a video game or two to make that happen, then just be glad you've found a way to keep the doors open.

Richard L. Hofer

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.

Electric Dreams Online Shop