• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Martin

Martin

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

Does anyone out there have a picture of the wheel insert that came on this 1/32 scale Strombecker Brawner Hawk Indy car?

Thanks in advance for any help.

brawner hawk.jpg

Martin Windmill

#2 MSwiss

MSwiss

Grand Champion Poster

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,216 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:59 PM

If you'll settle for the blueprint of it, go to post 19, at this LINK.
  • Cheater likes this

Mike Swiss
IRRA® Components Committee Chairman
Five-time USRA National Champion (two G7, one G27, two G7 Senior)
Two-time G7 World Champion (1988, 1990), eight G7 main appearances
Eight-time G7 King track single lap world record holder

17B West Ogden Ave Westmont, IL 60559, (708) 203-8003, mikeswiss86@hotmail.com (also my PayPal address)

Note: Send all USPS packages and mail to: 5858 Chase Ave., Downers Grove, IL 60516

#3 Martin

Martin

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:39 PM

That's great, thanks. Now we now what we are looking for.

hawk insert.jpg
Martin Windmill

#4 munter

munter

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:33 AM

Looks like a Halibrand... what diameter do you need as I have a couple of possibles?

Or do you not need them at all?

John Warren
Slot cars are my preferred reality

#5 Martin

Martin

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:00 PM

Hey John, I am researching for a friend who has the car and did not know witch wheel inserts were correct.  I have to assume that Strombeker made them for this car and to this drawing?

The diameter on the drawing .404" Dose that look like anything you have. A photo of parts that match this drawing would prove they exist then I can send him on the hunt. OR if you have a set you would sell that would work also.

Thanks for your help.

Martin Windmill

#6 Martin

Martin

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:48 PM

Looks like a Halibrand... what diameter do you need as I have a couple of possibles?

Or do you not need them at all?

Hey John, just a reminder if you have an insert that matches the drawing I would love to pull a rubber mold to make resign copies for my friend. Please send a pic if you have time. Thanks for your help.

Martin Windmill

#7 Pechuga_VLC

Pechuga_VLC

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:27 AM

Strombecker 1/32 Brawner Hawk Indy, Ferrari 365 P2 and Porsche C6 were going to be the next models to come out in TC-32 competition motorkit format, but in the second half of 1966 Strombecker saw the crisis and competition model range, as well as the one of 1/24, it remained in stand by.

Porsche C6 was the closest to exit and yes it came to have its specific hubcaps. I am still studying the case of the Ferrari 365 P2, I do not have it 100% clear.

The Brawner Hawk Indy did not have specific hubcaps.
It is a case similar to that of the Plymouth Barracuda: they were models released as a novelty in circuit sets before the other formats, but these units were "incomplete". The Barracuda plymouth was finally completed with all its parts in its version of competiton motorkit TC-32.

You may see Brawner units that have been completed with other Strombecker hubcaps (in the Cumberland circuit the Lotus 38 Indy hubcaps are included and it is easy to exchange them for the user) or another Monogram brand etc, but the truth is that the tires designed in the blueprints were not commercialized.

That which did come to market, that many fans do not know, is the rear piece that simulates the engine. This piece collides with the crown and breaks (yes, the car is poorly designed), making it one of the most difficult critical pieces of Strombecker. Therefore if you get some bodywork not assembled, please do not roll on the track!

José Villalba Ureña (Pechuga)

#8 Martin

Martin

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:30 PM

Thanks so much Jose for sharing your knowledge. I have sent your info to my friend who is restoring these cars.

Martin Windmill

Electric Dreams Online Shop