• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JimF

JimF

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:45 AM

Thanks to all that sent "drive safe" texts and PMs tonight. I made it home OK but it was a white knuckle deal with blowing snow, zero visibility at times and trucks and cars doing stooopid stuff ALL over the place.

Good raceday today at Motown with improving turnouts and a good four race day that was wrapped by 4:30.Thanks go out to all that pitched in and helped out during the day including those that stayed for the last race even when they weren't in the race. Gary, Jerry, Derrick all helped out for the last race while the rest of us flailed around with our 4.5" stockcars  on the tight little bullring of the "Korkscrew" flat track. Of course Gene & Jennifer make the races a Motown a pleasure.

That type of teamwork speaks volumes about those who treat this hobby in the proper context. This is in sharp contrast to those who come to a race for a couple of events but then leave before the day is done due to "prior commitments" , "someplace I gotta be", or "important major brain surgery"

The unselfish and co-operative attitude today went a long way today in reminding us all that this is a hobby where we all should work together to make it work...........thanks again Ya'll.

Race report Monday or Tuesday...........BTW.........snowing a ton right now at home here in Tahoe..

• Rob Voska likes this
Jim Fowler

#2 Pablo

Pablo

Builder

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,950 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:07 AM

Slot car racers are the safest drivers on the road.

Matter of fact, I can't sleep on car trips unless a slot guy is at the wheel :)

• Richard Matthews likes this
Paul Wolcott

#3 old & gray

old & gray

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:25 AM

Slot car racers are the safest drivers on the road.

Matter of fact, I can't sleep on car trips unless a slot guy is at the wheel :)

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:  The stories from when we were younger up here in the Northeast (at least) are so bad I won't tell my kids. I guess time has matured those of us who survived.

Bob Schlain

#4 boxerdog

boxerdog

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:36 AM

We are all glad to hear you made it home OK. You have a lot of stuff to repair!! But if conditions are bad, you are always welcome to reclaim your spot and sleep under a pit table. That last race was way more fun than I expected. 

• JimF and Richard Matthews like this
David Cummerow

#5 JimF

JimF

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

We are all glad to hear you made it home OK. You have a lot of stuff to repair!! But if conditions are bad, you are always welcome to reclaim your spot and sleep under a pit table. That last race was way more fun than I expected. 

Both times we've run the stock cars on the flat track, it's been really fun. It's almost not even like a race in that everyone plays around and tries to make paint rubbing passes in that 4" lane spacing.

In retrospect, had I known the visibility would be so bad for so long, I would've stayed at the track and rolled out the camp setup again. That was a really cruddy and tense drive and I didn't have to do it 'cuz I'm not working today.

I do have some repair work but not as much as last time b/c I did some fixes for some guys before we left. Randy bought the showcase Can Am and I promised him I'd put a center weight in it and I have a repair for Richard that I promised him some time ago and like a dummy, forgot I even had it. I also have a brand new F-1 that is I think even better than the one I raced but I have to reset the center weight clearance. Otherwise I probably would have raced the new one.

Oh.....and after getting my clock cleaned by yourself in the pro coupe race, I guess I'd better work on my big dogs. Nice job on that one, you had us covered like a blanket.

Jim Fowler

#6 boxerdog

boxerdog

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:06 PM

Thanks, it was a real bright spot. Gotta work on the F1 setups now, it's becoming a whole new game. 

David Cummerow

Electric Dreams Online Shop