3 replies to this topic

#1 dalek

dalek

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:04 PM

I'm looking for any variations of ghost drivers charts that anyone would care to share.

The picture below is of the one that is used at The Raceway.biz in Melbourne, FL.

I assume other raceways have different forms of a ghost drivers chart, and hopefully, there are some that cover more than just the two scenarios in the picture.

I personally would prefer not to start a real driver in white or green because in white, you only drive one heat then sit out, and in green, you drive all but one heat then sit out.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ghost drivers chart from TRBiz-1 copy.jpg

• B.C. likes this
Dale King

Home Raceway

#2 dalek

dalek

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:50 PM

Since nobody has posted ghost driver charts, I've been creating some.  

I didn't fill in all of the cells in the charts (like was done on the chart in post #1) because it doesn't seem to be helpful.  

I think the only thing a race director needs to know is how many ghosts are needed and where to put them in the first heat.  Everything else takes care of itself.

At first glance it might not make much sense to create a chart that results in only one turn marshal, but if your raceway needs 4 marshals, and you have 3 volunteers, then the "1 Marshal" chart would be the one to use in order to get that 4th turn marshal needed.

I'll continue to post more of the charts as I get them done.

If you want to print the charts, you can download and print the PDF file so all three of the charts will print on one page.

Attached File  Ghost Drivers - 8 lane track - 8 drivers.pdf   191.88KB   7 downloads
Ghost Drivers - 8 Lanes, 8 Drivers, 1 Marshal - Copy.jpg
Ghost Drivers - 8 Lanes, 8 Drivers, 2 Marshals - Copy.jpg
Ghost Drivers - 8 Lanes, 8 Drivers, 3 Marshals - Copy.jpg

Dale King

Home Raceway

#3 B.C.

B.C.

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:09 PM

thanks for doing this--have tried to get several raceways to do this for us with no results.

• Wizard Of Iz likes this
Brian C. Bays

#4 Wizard Of Iz

Wizard Of Iz

Slot Parrothead

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:57 PM

Buddy Houser and I created the table that Bill uses about 12 years ago at Buddy’s Slot Car Speedway in Jacksonville.

Buddy liked to run one race of 10 instead of two races of 5 but we rarely had any volunteers so we needed a way to insure we’d have marshals every heat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • dalek likes this

Rollin Isbell

Electric Dreams Online Shop