4 replies to this topic

#1 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:17 PM

The C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club meets Thursday May 3, 2018 7:30 at THE RACE PLACE  in Farmingdale NJ.

This month's theme, slot car related items starting with the letter "M" for May. For example, MUSTANG, McLaren, etc.

Peter J. Linszky
6/30/54-6/27/22
Requiescat in Pace

#2 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:00 PM

B.U.M.P.

Peter J. Linszky
6/30/54-6/27/22
Requiescat in Pace

#3 eggsplurt

eggsplurt

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:25 AM

Gonna have to miss you guys tonight because I have to go to work.......Have Fun!.....Hey Pete, keep me up on your gathering in June at the museum.......I will go if the weather is good......Best!....Steve
Steve Drucker

#4 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:43 AM

Fellas,

The RACE PLACE will be CLOSED JUNE 6-10 and will reopen on the 12th.  As such, well will have to cancel Jun's meeting...

Peter J. Linszky
6/30/54-6/27/22
Requiescat in Pace

#5 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:27 AM

Fellas,

A few new vintage slot car enthusiasts came to last night's meet. "Pennsylvania Glenn" stopped by and brought along some really interesting scratch builder style parts, many of them still in their original packages. Maybe we'll try a build along thread here again ?

New attendees were Gary and Gale, husband and wife from central Jersey. Gary brought along two "survivors" from his early days of slot car racing, what I believe is an INTERNATIONAL FORD GT and an orange MPC Mako Shark. Both cars had seen better days as far the bodies (Butyrate) were concerned but mechanically they were sound. We'll try to get these cars back in action soon.

Also in Gary's stable was a PARMA Flex 1 with a GT body which he was wringing out on the upstairs track.

Some may recall that we were considering a Flexi 1 based program considering that they are almost a thirty year old design. Gary's hot lap session convinced me that we'll now give the "vintage slot car" blessing to the PARMA favorite !!!

Many older bodies are out there, some quite unique I might add.  For now I'll suggest PARMA bodies on Flexi 1's if possible...

As mentioned above The RACE PLACE will be closed June 6-10 and will reopen on June 12. Maybe we'll have a mid month get together and bring along the FLEXI 1 car cars ?

Attached Images

• s-l1600 (2).jpg

Peter J. Linszky
6/30/54-6/27/22
Requiescat in Pace

Electric Dreams Online Shop